German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying a german shepard puppies however I do not want a long coat due to shedding and the amount of grooming required. So if you could help me by telling me what type of coat they will have. Also could you please explain to me what a glamour coat is.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I believe it is too early to tell. Also, I wouldn't let the fear of a long coat deter from a good puppy. Some say long coats shed the same if not less. Both stock, long stock and long coats all require routine brushing and she'd a lot - it us just the breed in general. Maybe someone else can help with determining what this pups coat type is.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
A glamour coat is when a dog is teased, moused, and sprayed.

They get really pissed during the teasing part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm thanks for the replies. I cant imagine why they would say glamour coat then in their ad. Also i have a picture of the mother (I believe) here if that helps because the owners believe that is what coat the puppies will have.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
A glamour coat is when a dog is teased, moused, and sprayed.

They get really pissed during the teasing part.

:rofl:

Not sure what coat the pup has, plush maybe, too hard to tell, but they all shed, coaties just don't lose as much around the house as it tends to stay on the dog until brushed.

·
Super Moderator
32,033 Posts
Also could you please explain to me what a glamour coat is.
What country are you in? I've never heard of a glamour coat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Australia and the ad said something like "they will be glamour and long coat". At least similar to that

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The mother looks like a long stock coat.

So, its possible that puppy will have a long coat.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I still get confused with coat descriptions, but having a coatie (didn't want one) the coat is no big deal, not the work I thought it would be.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am interested in buying a german shepard puppies however I do not want a long coat due to shedding and the amount of grooming required. So if you could help me by telling me what type of coat they will have. Also could you please explain to me what a glamour coat is.

Thank you
Really hard to tell. But may just a be a plush. Not really sure

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'd vote plush, but it's a hard call. Ear floofies are the key! I have a plush dog who was poofier than that at 4 weeks but didn't have ear floof. I have a coated bitch who was ALL ear fluff and has a gorgeous long coat now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts