German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have had/trained GSD's for twice as long as you have lived. The more I learn about women, the more I love my dogs. If you are able to finish college, you are able to take care of this problem. I currently have two rescued aggressive GSD's, & recently buried another. Lobo's owner wanted a good watch dog, & got Lobo as a puppy. He was tied to a tree for five years, slept in his own pee/poop, & twice/day his owner threw some rice on the ground & beat him with a 2x4---until one day Lobo broke his rope & killed the guy. I took Lobo home as police were on their way to shoot him. The rope had cut into his neck, & it took weeks to heal. He never wore a collar, & was with me 24/7. Never had a problem with animals or people for our 10 years together. Now I have three GSD's---all rescued & all "aggressive". I will gladly take yours (here in Costa Rica) but would prefer you grow up & learn personal responsibility. Trust me, you'll earn more doing that than you will in school. You can call me (AJ) at ** Personal info removed **
How do you recommend he takes care of the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw your story and created my account if you do need to rehome him the breeder I have got 2 puppies from has taken in aggressive shepherds before and gives them a good life also works with them quite a bit. One of the owners has been a dog handler for many years. Fernbrook German Shepherds is the name of the kennel they are based out of Ignacio, CO. But I do encourage you to keep him if you can at all!!

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
Giving this dog to someone who will breed him is absolutely the most irresponsibile move you can make....trying to quote someone who said this BTW.....you do not pass on the same poor genetics to pups who end up giving people the same problems you have!!!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Jax gave some great advice. I doubt the dog would have attacked the pit without you present. Excitement/confinement and frustration= a dog fight. It's not unusual... Take responsibilty for this dog. Visit him, pay for food, vet, make sure he has shelter, and a safe place to be. Once you can take him back, take him back and perhaps work with a trainer.

How committed are you to this dog? People on this forum are pretty dog focused, and I'll bet many of us would live in a tent or a car in order to keep our dogs, so perhaps we sometimes have more extreme views. However, living in a kennel for a couple years is not that bad, particularly if you visit frequently. Do right by your dog! Don't pass him off to someone else, and I'd hate to see him euthanized out of convenience. He honestly doesn't sound that bad--- although it's impossible to know through online only.

I get the impression you love this dog and want to keep him, figure out a way to do this. Neutering is fine and is likely to help with male-male dog aggression, but it is not going to fix everything.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Would love it if the OP actually responded to some of the advice or questions....or even update us on the situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please do NOT give your dog away to a stranger on the internet who has only joined this board in an effort to get your dog!!!!! And do NOT send this dog to a breeder!!!
Yeah i joined to get his dog. I really want an aggressive dog. Try again.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I wish the OP had come back. I stand by what I said. This dog has what sounds like horrible genetics and has been allowed to practice "lunging at people" to the point that the person who owns him is in fear of the harm he could cause.
There is no real interest in keeping him from what I read, and no reputable rescue is going to want him.
Save the dog from a life of misery and loneliness, or worse and do the right thing.
I put down an 18 month old human aggressive dog to spare him a life of strict isolation, or a bullet, and I would do it again. Forcing a dog to live locked in a kennel with little or no contact for an extended period is imho cruel. For a couple of months is one thing, not for years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited by Moderator)
I haven't had the opportunity to to respond as there has been a lot of things going on in my family. I would just like to say I absolutely love my dog and would never willingly give Him up. He got me through the worst part of my life where I had completely given up. I gave him the absolute best I could when I could, he is my best friend. Unfortunately this past year I went through some major issues and was not able to take care of him. I'm not running away from my responsibility from him or want to "take the easy way out". I LOVE HIM. I came here to get advice bc I know people here care and love their dog as much as I do. I'm absolutely not planning on giving him away to a breeder or ever breed him. I'm trying it find the most responsible way to give him the life he deserves. I never expected to "hand the responsibility over" to someone else. Its sad to see how people tried to make it seem this way. I wouldn't have posted here if I wasn't trying to get advice on the best solution. I understand so of you are very passionate about you pets as they are part of your family, So am I. I'm doing the best I can and never expected to be in this situation in my life but sometimes stuff happens that you have no control over. Thank you for those who have offered advice I truly appreciate it. I have faith I'll get through this moment in my life and be reunited with my best friend. The person who was caring for him is no longer able to and I'm currently finding other accommodations for him. He is not mistreated in any way but he's not having the quality of life he once had with me. That's what kills me. For those who judged the situation w/o knowing the full situation know that I have not simply given up on my best friend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have had/trained GSD's for twice as long as you have lived. The more I learn about women, the more I love my dogs. If you are able to finish college, you are able to take care of this problem. I currently have two rescued aggressive GSD's, & recently buried another. Lobo's owner wanted a good watch dog, & got Lobo as a puppy. He was tied to a tree for five years, slept in his own pee/poop, & twice/day his owner threw some rice on the ground & beat him with a 2x4---until one day Lobo broke his rope & killed the guy. I took Lobo home as police were on their way to shoot him. The rope had cut into his neck, & it took weeks to heal. He never wore a collar, & was with me 24/7. Never had a problem with animals or people for our 10 years together. Now I have three GSD's---all rescued & all "aggressive". I will gladly take yours (here in Costa Rica) but would prefer you grow up & learn personal responsibility. Trust me, you'll earn more doing that than you will in school. You can call me (AJ) at ** Personal info removed **
I admire your passion for your GSD. Know that sometimes life hits you with situations that you have no control over and you lose everything. I have "grown up" and learned "personal responsibility" a lot over this past year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I agree with those who are encouraging you to keep the dog where he is until you finish college. visit him as often as you can. in the meantime watch all the videos on u-tube regarding working with aggresive dogs- there are many different trainers and you can learn a lot.
Thank you for your advice I appreciate it. I have looked up many videos and will continue to do so.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts