German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pls help us understand what's happening to my sweetest german sheppard - My 10 months of german sheppard stopped eating anything, slowed down and hides to closet most of the time. just a week ago he was very active, running, jumping all the time but somehow, he lost interest in everything including his appetite in a sudden. we took him to vet, he had ultrasound, xrays, blood work, neurological tests and everything but the doctors still say he's a mystery for us. we're trying to find what happened to him and how he can regain his appetite and active character. one more thing, he had some fever at first and he's using antibiotics and painkillers now in any case of an undiscovered infection by the advice of internal medicine doctor but his fever is normal now and he's not having any pain, still he's not eating, hiding and extremely lethargic. pls help us figure out what's happenning to him and how we can fix him.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Not sure where you are located, but did the Vet check for Lyme disease?

Symptoms of Lyme disease in dogs:
Fever.
Loss of appetite.
Reduced energy.
Lameness (can be shifting, intermittent, and recurring)
Generalized stiffness, discomfort, or pain.
Swelling of joints.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Would also check for Lepto as well as several tick borne diseases.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Where do you live?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure where you are located, but did the Vet check for Lyme disease?

Symptoms of Lyme disease in dogs:
Fever.
Loss of appetite.
Reduced energy.
Lameness (can be shifting, intermittent, and recurring)
Generalized stiffness, discomfort, or pain.
Swelling of joints.
Doctor told that there’s no lyme disease in texas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not much we can do from a text message. As expensive as it may be, I would get a second check with another vet.
I alreaydy visited 4, 2 of them arr known as best in texas, gulf coast speacilist vet and sugarland animal hospital, will definitely try another if you know any vet that can diognose complicated issues and have more experience

·
Super Moderator
4,824 Posts
I alreaydy visited 4, 2 of them arr known as best in texas, gulf coast speacilist vet and sugarland animal hospital, will definitely try another if you know any vet that can diognose complicated issues and have more experience

wow, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I cannot imagine the frustration and worry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

wow, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I cannot imagine the frustration and worry.
Thanks for your concern, hope there’s a solution out there or we’ll lose him soon. He’s not eating anything

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Do you play fetch with sticks- if so possible puncture in tonsil, throat etc. just a thought can cause major issues. Hope you find out what this is. If no answers from vet I would get a second opinion.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Does he drink? Maybe you could get some chicken soup in him that way. Are you sitting with him in the closet? That would be comforting to him.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Magwart's suggestion is excellent-when my vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with Anja I took her to Cornell-vet schools are awesome...they figured it out

·
Super Moderator
5,678 Posts
I’d go to A&M too. That sago palm is concerning to me though. I’d definitely have that explored further.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Go to A&M, I agree. They DO have Lyme in Texas. It is not nearly as common, but it is there. Some of the Harvey dogs coming here to our shelters have Lyme and other tick borne diseases. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Ehrlichiosis, all tick borne. Did they even check even though not suspected?

Sorry you are going through this :( Definitely get to the University if at all possible!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts