German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far 26 views on a thread i posted asking for help with my Max and not a single reply to my concerns. Anyone out there willing to give me some pearls of wisdom for my specific questions? im desperate and cant seem to find the answers i need.
Anyone out there?
I am not a trainer, or a gal that requires my animals all to have a list as long as my arm of tricks they can do. i am just a loving pet owner hoping i dont have to get rid of a sweet boy that i JUST got after wanting a GSD for ages.
Anyone willing to help please add or messege me for details.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There are plenty of snobs, but a link to the thread in question might helpful.

Keep in mind: most people work for a living and or don't have jobs that allow them to lurk on forums all hours of the day. So the person with your answer might not be around for a while. Be patient and somebody will be by.

Or the mods will lock your thread after asking you a question. Because they think that's funny.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
I did not have any good advice to give.

But please remember, this site is mainly occupied by people in the US. It's not e even 9 am yet on our east coast.

Give people a chance to wake up. I am sure someone will be able to help, as soon as they have had their morning coffee.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
You only posted you question an hour an a half ago! Most people on these boards haven't had a chance to see it. Accusing strangers of being "snobby" for not answering you fast enough is definitely not a good strategy to get them to help you. Please remember you are most likely 5 hours ahead of the latest timezone in the U.S./Canada. You are 8 hours ahead of many people who post here.

Your "can my GSD be saved?" thread went up at 6:25AM Central time/7:25 Eastern time in the US today. That's 5:25am Mountain, and 4:25am Pacific time in the US and Canada.

A lot of the members who might be able to help you are asleep, walking their dogs, or at church on a Sunday. Be patient. If you look back at the way many threads evolve, it often is over several days, not minutes or even hours.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
OH, GIVE ME A BREAK ... you posted your messages TODAY ...
the 1st at 6:25 AM EDT
the 2nd at 6:59 AM EDT
the 3rd at 7:04 AM EDT
And this one at 7:49 AM EDT
That's 1 hour and 24 minutes between these four posts!!!
TO ANSWER YOUR RUDE QUESTION ... NO, THIS SITE IS NOT FULL OF SNOBS!!! It's full of very helpful people who take the time to answer questions or make suggestions when they know the answers!!!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I agree with the others, I just woke up a few minutes ago at 9 AM after being out late last night. Give people time to wake up

PS In case it isn't obvious, calling people snobs is pretty detrimental towards getting help. In the future I would advise avoiding name calling if you want help, not everyone has thick skin or is willing to overlook ;)

I'll go look for your thread and will help if I can

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Threads like this are going to put people off from wanting to read any others. It's 9:00 AM EST, for crying out loud. The vast majority of users are in the US, and most of us don't sit up all night refreshing for new threads. Many people will read a thread, but if they don't have advice to give or know how to help, move on.

I get that you're scared/anxious. Give it a couple hours, the board will pick up in traffic.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Time difference a bit of an oversight is all.......think she was just a little worried about her pooch :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
So far 26 views on a thread i posted asking for help with my Max and not a single reply to my concerns. Anyone out there willing to give me some pearls of wisdom for my specific questions? im desperate and cant seem to find the answers i need.
Anyone out there?
I am not a trainer, or a gal that requires my animals all to have a list as long as my arm of tricks they can do. i am just a loving pet owner hoping i dont have to get rid of a sweet boy that i JUST got after wanting a GSD for ages.
Anyone willing to help please add or messege me for details.

Time Difference as said, Everyone here cares about animals, And Will Help. just give it some time. We all Wait Our turns, I thought that when I joined.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Aside from time difference, keep in mind that not everyone opening the thread may be able to help.
I open lots of threads, but if I can think of nothing to add I simply leave them be.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
How rude of you to immediately assume people are snobs. You must not know how forums work. A forum is a message board. It is not an immediate conversation like an instant message or a real life conversation. We do not get little alerts to wake us up at 5am to tell us someone posted and needs help. A forum is designed for people to answer posts at their leisure. A forum is also filled with people who have varying degrees of experience, so many won't have any advice to give you, which is why your thread had 26 views and no posts. Don't expect to see any posts until your thread has at least 60 views.

If you are actually desperate and want immediate advice, then contact a trainer. You are incorrect to assume your problems are a priority to strangers on the internet.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I dont always get answers---and usually chalk it up to the fact that I was lazy and didn't do a search on the forum FIRST...when I do a search I can find an answer, and if it doesn't apply or there is something different to my question I will edit and say "I found this answer________ however, my case is different because_____" and never title a thread "Help" only...make the title a short SHORT synopsis of the question.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
LOL! Sunflowers.... ;)

Bring a dose of patience and a thick skin and you'll get along just fine.

OP If you dish it out like you did with this thread then be prepared to take it.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
stop it. there's nothing wrong with being a snob. if you can't be
one it's not the dog's fault.

How rude of you to immediately assume people are snobs.

You must not know how forums work. A forum is a message board. It is not an immediate conversation like an instant message or a real life conversation. We do not get little alerts to wake us up at 5am to tell us someone posted and needs help. A forum is designed for people to answer posts at their leisure. A forum is also filled with people who have varying degrees of experience, so many won't have any advice to give you, which is why your thread had 26 views and no posts. Don't expect to see any posts until your thread has at least 60 views.

If you are actually desperate and want immediate advice, then contact a trainer. You are incorrect to assume your problems are a priority to strangers on the internet.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.