German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Dog
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I've put this thread in the proper place :)
I was hoping for any recommendations for natural vitamins that might help strengthen my dog's immune system. We've been battling an illness for several months with little success.
When we discussed it with our doctor, he explained that his body isn't able to fight it off, in some cases.
I've been researching diets and how they connect to various health conditions, as well as supplements, even someone suggested the 4life Transfer Factor products for my dog, but I've primarily discovered that this product is only for humans. Please help me to find the right way to increase my dog's immunity.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
There is prescription drug called Immunoregulin that is sometimes given to dogs by vets in order to jump-start the immune system. It has to be given by the veterinarian, in the clinic -- they don't send it home. It's a bit of what we call a "Hail Mary pass" in the U.S. (last effort when the time has run out...), but I know some dogs who are alive because of it. I would ask your vet if it's worth trying, if the case is serious.

What is the condition that your dog is fighting to recover from?

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
The edit function has gone away, so I'll add:

As supplements go, I really like Dr. Harvey's Solaris, particularly for cancer dogs (immune support is part of what it does): Solaris for Dogs | Dr. Harvey's . It's expensive, but it's full of a lot of good stuff, with an AM jar and a PM jar.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
It would be helpful if you told us what is wrong with your dog. You're in a tropical climate in the Philippines. I'm hoping the problem is something simple, e.g. your dog getting sick from drinking contaminated water from puddles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts