German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have read my posts the last couple days, you are aware that Codi had emergency bloat with torsion surgery on Monday night-she came home Wed. but today I found that she was leaking blood from the incision, we took her right to the ER, and they said she has an infection on the inside of her belly. They did a culture-which they said it will take 3-5 days to get results-which will then tell us what is the correct antibiotic she should be on. In the meantime she is on Clavormax(?) and then a solution that we mix with water, and then take gauze, soak it in the warm water solution-and hold on her incision.. She has a slight elevated temp.

I am a nervous wreck-the Er said we caught it very early-but its pretty serious. I am soo frustrated.. and just I don't know what I am. I don't feel very optomistic-even though I believe I should be.. They way she was looking at me today, just makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't know how to explain it....

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I'm praying for your Codi.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Healing prayers for Codi. SHe is lucky to have such an observant nurse as you in her corner.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
You've done a great job so far, I'm sure you'll help her through this. Best wishes for a full recovery

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Praying for Codi, you are doing a great job.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Poor Codi. :( praying that she gets better soon.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
healing thoughts and prayers coming your way!!!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this but happy your caught the problem so fast! Sending warm thoughts and prayer's for Codi.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I am sending my best healing thoughts and prayers to her. :hugs:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Prayers for Codi, coming up!

jelpy and the mesquite mafia

·
Registered
213 Posts
Prayers your way. How old is Codi? You did well finding what you did early.

·
Registered
728 Posts
First of all, I am so, so sorry this has happened: I lost my beloved Great Dane to bloat in August, because he had been diagnosed with heart failure just weeks before, surgery was no longer an option and he had to be put down. Bloat is horrible in that it blindsides you, so I completely understand how you must have felt. Thankfully you caught it in time and were able to help Codi quickly- you are both so very lucky. This setback is terrible, and I truly hope she makes it.

I will keep her in my thoughts, I really believe in the power of positive thinking, especially when a lot of people are out there doing the same. Best wishes to you both!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts