German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she went to the vet yesterday and had a tumor removed from her right foreleg. We noticed it about 2 weeks ago. The vet said if it wasn't bothering her it would be ok for us to save up for the procedure. I noticed on Wednesday that it looked funny and caught her messing with it. :( she is recovering nicely, just hard to keep her from running and playing. Lol

We went ahead and had the histopathology (sp) report done and should hear back sometime next week.

Most dogs are fine after these, I'm just overly concerned. When she was 7 months old a tumor broke out on her nose. The biopsy came back as class II. We opted not to have it removed to save half her nose. They did try to freeze it off. No new signs from her nose, but now this...

Thanks for your caring thoughts. You guys are always very encouraging.

·
Registered
31,979 Posts
Hope she starts feeling better soon. And your report comes back with good news.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Poor baby I hope it's nothing. Do you mean class II cancer of the nose? My girl's father is now dying of cancerous tumors in and around the nose and mouth. He's 10 and they have had 3 surgeries now with the tumors growing back rapidly. I hope your girls issues are benign and all is well:)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Sending prayers your way.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Oh no poor Abby. Sending you both all my healing thoughts and prayers for good test results :hugs:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Poor girl. Sending good thoughts for Abby and you.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Abby!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

The vet did not say that her nose was cancerous. He just said it was a class II tumor. She had been stung by a bee that activated the tumor cells.

She seems to be doing ok. She just REALLY wants to run and play. You all know how that can go.

Hope to hear results by Wednesday.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sending good thought and vibes and prayers.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
The vet did not say that her nose was cancerous. He just said it was a class II tumor. She had been stung by a bee that activated the tumor cells.
Sounds like a mast cell tumor.

If the pathology report comes back as a mast cell tumor on the leg, make sure to ask the vet about 1) the margins, if they were clean and wide enough, and 2) the mitotic figures, which measures the aggressiveness of mast cell tumors.

Are you giving any benadryl as a precaution? Tagamet? Vitamin C?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never knew to give anything as a precaution. What are the benefits? And what benedryl can I give?

Abby didn't eat breakfast and only half of her MM tonight. :( I think maybe she doesn't like the pork. Lol will switch back to turkey tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts