German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lil girl Gretta was playing with my daughter last week, (tug of war) and throwing a ball. She is 5 months. Anyways. I noticed one time she wined when picking up the ball. That night she felt hot, larthigic, not good at all. temp was high she would not eat drink nothing. I instantly thought of Parvo but no vomit or diarehea. I went to pet her face and she screamed in pain. I know she is teething, but we took her to the vet. He said that she might of hurt her Jaw playing. He gave up pain killers and antibiotics. The next day alot better, but still moderate pain. Well its been almost 2 weeks. She is unable to open her mouth or yawn all the way without some pain. She eats and drinks fine. Does teething have this issue or is her jaw muscle truly the issue. And how long does it take to heal.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
If it's been two weeks and she's still having a lot of problems I'd take her back to the vet ... did he take x-rays, if not when you take her back I'd suggest you talk to him about doing some of her head. GOOD LUCK ... hope she's feeling better soon!!!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
back to the vet I would NOT wait

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I would also say go back to the vet, I wouldnt play around with something like this

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Get back to the vet, I agree with xrays as well to see if there's damage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts