German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, I just noticed that Jake has an area on his rear foot that sort of looks like a callous, it's odd looking. I felt it today and it feels like there is fluid and when I pressed a bloody fluid came out on a tissue. It may be a spot wear there is pressure when he lays down. I know there is a word for something like this......I have searched but can't find it. I think I remember a poster having dealt with one recently on an elbow. Jake goes in next week for a routine exam and fecal and I need some help. Can someone please tell me the medical term for it so I can research it....please.
:confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
It could be some sort of cyst? Not sure though from the description. I would think either a cyst or some sort of pressure hot spot.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
hematoma? or a pressure sore?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the difference between them? I want to get "knowledgable" before I go in and I just called and moved his appt to tomorrow morning, we can't wait until next week.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
a hematoma is fluid filled sac, sometimes can be the result of a hard 'bump', a pressure sore, can be like a callous or just like a bed sore, a 'spot' that the dog may lay on alot..

Is he licking it alot?? if so, it could be something like a lick granuloma.

What part of his leg is it on?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
side of his rear foot, I suspect it's from pressure.....the skin in and around it looks like his elbows....

·
2,967 Posts
A hygroma is a non painful swelling on the hips, elbows, or hocks of a dog often caused by repeated trauma. Is that what you were thinking of? If it has some callus to it, it may not actually be a hygroma. The ones I've seen far outsized the callus spot on the elbow.

Hygromas: Nonpainful Swellings on Elbows, Hips, or Hocks of Dogs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts