German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the wrong place so here it is again....

I got my puppy from a pet store about 4 months ago. (I know I know, I said I would never get a dog from a pet store, I got suckered in...) and I feel like im paying for it every day. My dog has had chronic giardia that I can't seem to get rid of..she is on her 5th or 6th round of treatment for it. also had roundworms once in there but I never saw any. I am at my wits end with this and I feel so bad for her, she seems to feel fine, but she can't be around any other dogs and she is VERY dog oriented! Anyway...today I saw tiny whitish worm things crawling in the poop, I came in to get a bag and picked it up right away, it was covered with flies, but they couldn't hatch maggots that quick. It wasn't as big as rice, so I don't think it's tapeworm...I actually cried for like a half hour! I have never been so stressed! She has been on panacur for 5 days now, how could she have ANYTHING!!!!! I don't know what to do I just needed to vent. Has anyone had success with Koccifree,...im gonna put her on it a week after she finishes the Panacur. I just feel like my poor puppy is never going to be free of worms and parasites...and I worry about her longterm health with all this! Am I being overly concerned?

update she pooped again and I saw nothing, no worms, nothing moving..so I don't know. took it to the vet they didn't see anything,..hoping I was just seeing things. But for the giardia., is it true they can be carriers and always test positive, does that mean she can NEVER be around other dogs???

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
You poor thing! It must be so frustrating!

The following is for Giarida or Coccidia
The following is a natural approach to controlling Giarida or Coccidia without antibiotics that I have used with great success.
I would suggest using an Anti-Parasite Chinese Herbal formula called Omphalia ($25), a Chinese herb called Picrorrhiza ($23) and a Homeopathic called “Bowel Pathogen Nosode” ($24). In case you are not familiar with Homeopathy, a “Nosode” stimulates the body to recognize and assist in the elimination of the pathogen naturally.
These can be purchased from www.naturalrearing.com with complete instructions from Roger. It may sound expensive, but it is worth it to me to avoid the drugs.
I have not used Amber Technologies Kocci Free AMBER TECHNOLOGY Kocci Free but I'm all for anything natural! You could add this to the above, but not at the same time.
Good Luck!
Moms :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
What did your vet say? Both are easily curable. If your vet can't give you a good answer after 6 treatments, go see another vet.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The only thing that cured my dog was cocci free. An all natural supplement. AMAZING stuff. Can't rave about it more. Rogue literally went from starving to death, poor coat, super skinny to gaining 10+ pounds in less than a month and a beautiful coat. Oh and her poops are perfect. You can order it on amazon and read reviews.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Oh and panacur did nothing for us. Along with several other antibiotics. I still have her on a probiotic trying to help heal her gut from all the meds. Order the kocci free now! And update when you can. It took rogue about 6 or 7 days on the kocci free before the diarrhea went away. So make sure you go the full 10 days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have already ordered Kocci Free, just waiting to administer it when she's done with the Panacur. It has awesome reviews and I see that you recommend it a lot on this forum, that's the reason I got it. I am giving her some really good probiotics and I have switched her food to Orijen. She has actually never looked better...her coat went from dry and course and dull to soft and silky again! Im waiting to hear from the vet today since they sent the "sample" out for testing. I dont' really know if I should expect it to come back negative already or if she could still be shedding cysts even if she's getting "cured". Thank you so much for your replies...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Just an update on Dani... I did administer Kocci free for 10 days. Her poop was pretty good just prior to that, but a little mushy at the end. Since I gave it to her, her poop has been perfect for the most part, occasionally a little mushy at the end, especially if she's running around playing a lot in the heat, so I think that might be normal. She's doing really good now, her coat is beautiful and shiny, no more itching. (Switched her to orijen). She is overall doing really great! I think I might do one more round of Kocci Free just to be sure though.....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
If you want to, you can give her apple cider vinegar everyday. I also give coconut oil everyday. Make sure you give organic raw, and the acv has 'the mother' in it. I use both daily as well.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Just an update on Dani... I did administer Kocci free for 10 days. Her poop was pretty good just prior to that, but a little mushy at the end. Since I gave it to her, her poop has been perfect for the most part, occasionally a little mushy at the end, especially if she's running around playing a lot in the heat, so I think that might be normal. She's doing really good now, her coat is beautiful and shiny, no more itching. (Switched her to orijen). She is overall doing really great! I think I might do one more round of Kocci Free just to be sure though.....
Fantastic!!! I love that stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts