German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My four month old GSD pup (Liberty) seems to have the common case of the Shepherd nibbles. You pet her she bites. You walk across the house she bites. You put on her leash she bites. Now from some of the things I've read this seems to be normal behavior but sometimes she seems to bite out of aggression. This happens especially when trying to correct her. Example. When she really wants something like food that was dropped on the floor ill try to hold her back but when I grab her she turns and bites my hand. Example 2. We have signed Liberty up for puppy classes at the local petsmart. She was great in class shes really smart knows all the tricks you teach her. When we went to leave she was anxious like she wanted to stay. I picked her up to put her in the car and she snarled and bit me. The same thing happened to my fiancé when putting her in the car. I'm just wondering if this is normal. or if I need to do something drastic. It has gotten to the point where we are very worried about it. I really don't want a full grown GSD doing these types of things and I would hate to have to give her away. Please Help.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So true what Maggie stated and posted below. I went through the same thing with my 9 month old GSD Tess when she was a little younger and sometimes it still happens. They act just like a spoiled adolescent at times, if they don't get their way, they act out in the only way they no how to, biting/nipping. I thought the same thing as you, I wondered if my dog was aggressive. I keep learning new things about Tess everyday and see so many changes in her as she grows older. Hang in there, you'll learn so much from this forum, I know I have. There is a lot of knowledge on this shepherd forum!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
When I read these posts about 'puppy aggression' I think, poor people, I was lucky, my puppy was perfect, he wasn't like that! Then I look at my wrists and ankles and see little scars and I recall that yes, my puppy was a biting terror squared! Train your pup, teach 'leave it', play with him and enjoy him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts