German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Good drive off the rear, but I'd like to see a better shoulder and topline. Nice angulation in the rear, straight in front.

Color could be better, nice head, clearly an immature male, but should be stunning when he grows into himself. I'd like to see more bone.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Xeph.
Daire is just under 9months old.
In your ccritique is there anything that i can do to improve him?
Or is it dependant on how he grows up?

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
I see a short upper arm which limits his front reach. He is also roachy over the loin, which spoils the smoothness of his topline. Nice croup and tail set. Good under reach and follow-thru in the rear. His black saddle could be richer (more black). Nice young dog.

And no, I don't think you can do anything to change him. Just let him grow up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i wish he was blacker, he takes after his mother in his colouring

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Well, I like him.

Obviously he is still a puppy and has a lot of maturing ahead of him.
I like his head and expression. Evidence of some roach leads me to believe that he is probably German Bred. Preferring German Breds I don't find this to be offensive.
Nice tail set, croup, no over angulation. I appreciate that he stacks on his feet and not back on his hock.
I'd not turn him away if he walked up to my door. Would love to see him in about a year or so.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks heaps!!
He turns 9months on the 9th of May, so yes still a pup
I will be showing him off for sure. I cant wait to see how he develops myself.
He is my first show dog and i am loving getting out there so far.
Have had a puppy in group and 3 reserve challenges so far so i am stoked.

·
Super Moderator
18,686 Posts
Young male with excellent secondary sex characteristics. OK withers with a good overall topline though his croup is a bit flat. Very good rear angulation and good front though his upper arm should be longer. The short upper arm and slightly straight shoulder is limiting his front reach. Pasterns are a bit straight (common when the shoulder is too), but he has very nice feet. I would like to see more black, a larger saddle, but he has a dark face. I like the proportions of this dog. He has nice length overall and good length of leg. He should be athletic.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I, personally, think he has great structure, he's not over or under-done. I don't think he's all that roachy either. He has great proportions, nice angles, expressive face, and nice movement.

He should have better color though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some recent pics taken on sunday.
he came 3rd and was graded Very Promising so i am rather stoked.

I saw mum!!

[/quote]

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Nobody to do critiques, but I love how he's filling up.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THanks.
He is really growing up and maturing now.
I sometimes forget he is still only a pup.
He was 9mo on friday just gone.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think he is a gorgeous hunk. He is maturing and growing nicely. Personally I love his face and think he is an extremely good looking dog. (pup).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts