German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!

I do not show my dog in any type of conformation ring. In fact, I have no idea what his bloodline even is as he was a dog I rescued, so I don't have his original papers. Although I did register him through AKC with a PAL number. My point is, I know he's not a show quality dog, but I'm curious how his general confirmation stacks up against the standard. So please critique!!! Good and bad!! I can take the bad without getting offended, so please feel free to be completely honest. :p Oh, and this was a total natural stack, so I know the back leg placement is a little crooked. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Handsome

I know nothing about showing a GSD. My parents did a little bit of it a long time ago. I always remember my Dad imitating one of the folks they trained with. He would say in a James Cagney/Edward G. Robinson type voice; "Pretty good lookin dawg!" This applies to your boy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, he's neutered. He was already neutered when I got him. And I *think* he's 5. Not 100% sure though as I rescued him and the previous owner could have totally been lying about his age.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
He was probably neutered early as he shows a lack of masculine features - he has thin bone and finer features traditionally associated with neutered dogs.

Dark mask, good expression, dark eyes, dark nails, normal withers, slightly soft back, needs more front angulation, pretty nice front (not excessively bridged) - straight for not being stacked intentionally, nice feet, ok underline, good rear angulation, short - somewhat flat croup, tailset a little high, for a male he could use more pigmentation (lots of light spots, ticking), needs more coat - has a little bit tight coat, excellent weight but needs more muscle and conditioning (hike, bike, increase protein, you will have to work harder to beef him up as he is neutered). Lovely expression - soft, intelligent, curious. Cool dog :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the critique!! I appreciate knowing a little more about his structure & how he compares to the standard. :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts