German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had been training when I decided to snap these photos with my camera. Sorry they are not at eye level or from above.

She is standing on a 6' tall, 8" wide retaining wall in these photos. She walked into this stack when I told her to halt & stay.

Her fur is a little ruffled from activity and I don't carry a brush while training. Hope she passes muster for the standard.

She's looking around at something here.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm no pro, and can't offer a professional critique... But I am a foot freak with dogs, and her feet look a little flat to me?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Could also be what she is standing on? Because it doesn't seem to be all of them?

I love her topline.. not all roachy and not over done.
Also nice to see her walking on her FEET as opposed to walking on her pasturns or hocks

I think she is beautiful!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really know. They just look like dog feet to me.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She loves it too and never gets tired.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else?

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
she looks well balanced except her upper arm seems short
i hope izcth can pop in and give a good criticque

her feet probably need to be trimmed as the fuz between the toes grows up like that
they may need to be a bit tighter too (toes)

packen and your bmi
can we say 'obsessed'?? :D

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
She does have a very nice topline and is well balanced. Very good angulation front and rear, though, yes, her upper arm could be longer. She looks to stand a bit east west in front and her pasterns are a bit straight which makes her feet look odd. Very nice color and dark pigment.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you very much for that honest evaluation. That's what I wanted.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Short upper arms are a huge issue in the breed. No worse than most I see. :)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Besides the obvious answer of 'breeding', how is this being allowed to continue in working lines? I did not know it was an issue, nor did I ever think Lisl's upper arms were too short until now.

I have never studied her from this angle before. I'm always looking at her from above and it was not really noticable to me.

It doesn't seem to affect her gait or agility ability.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can certainly live with it. I never noticed it 'til now. Thanks for the link. I'll read up on that.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was a very interesting discussion. I learned something.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
The short upper arm is not just a problem in working lines. It is a breed problem and, IMO, worse in the show lines and will be very hard to correct. The most common angulation problem in working lines is straighter shoulders and often a lack of overall balance.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wondered if it was her fur and fluff making her arm seem short
can you clarify?
Maybe. In the last photo, her elbow is where the light colored tuft of fur forms a half circle, or, where the dark brown fur on her upper arm turns to black.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I can certainly live with it. I never noticed it 'til now. Thanks for the link. I'll read up on that.
If it ever becomes something you CAN'T live with, I would be happy to take that gorgeous girl off your hands. PMing my address. LOL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts