German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Very nice hips, excellent positioning! You should re-do them when he is 2 years old and get an OFA evaluation, he'll probably get a Good or Excellent. Your Breeder will probably appreciate the information on the health status of what he or she produces.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my gsd puppy is 3 months 10 days old and is having difficulty getting up. it also limps at times. my vet has asked me to feed him with calcium supplements. he cannot jump and is a little lazy. do u think it could be hup dysplasia, what could be the most likely cause and what do i do? can anyone suggest

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
no calcium supplementation.

this might be panosteitis "pano" -- raised temperature , disinterest in food , pain, temporary - may shift on to other limbs , may go away , and then surprize you have inflammation again.

If that is the case let the dog rest, and let the dog decide when and how and far he wants to move around . No big walks or exertion.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Very nice hips!

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
no calcium supplementation.

this might be panosteitis "pano" -- raised temperature , disinterest in food , pain, temporary - may shift on to other limbs , may go away , and then surprize you have inflammation again.

If that is the case let the dog rest, and let the dog decide when and how and far he wants to move around . No big walks or exertion.
boy is this in the wrong place !!
if admin wants to remove it - be my guest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts