German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Where can we find a flirt pole? Any suggestions?

Also, I am trying to teach sasha fetch with a ball. She loves running after the tennis ball but just lies down with it....any suggestions on how to teach her to bring the bal back?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Hi everyone.

Also, I am trying to teach sasha fetch with a ball. She loves running after the tennis ball but just lies down with it....any suggestions on how to teach her to bring the bal back?

Thanks
I use a lunge whip for horses, works great, you can find them at Tractor supply and similar stores for about $15.

With my pups, I'm not 100% certain, I think it was a combination of watching my lab and just rolling the ball around the house with them. Once they did it treat/praise. Just beware once they do get it and enjoy it, be ready for a slimy ball getting dropped in lap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We just ordered the following flirt pole off Amazon and my 7mo boy LOVES it!

Kyjen Tail Teaser Dog Toy with refill

It seems like it should hold up with play so long as the puppies don't chew on the pieces directly (only use it for more of a chase game).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi everyone.

Thanks
I taught fetch by having mine trade the ball for a treat, and that seems to work most of the time. She really enjoys fetch, though, so it might not have worked otherwise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We just ordered the following flirt pole off Amazon and my 7mo boy LOVES it!

Kyjen Tail Teaser Dog Toy with refill

It seems like it should hold up with play so long as the puppies don't chew on the pieces directly (only use it for more of a chase game).

I agree. Just got this in the mail 2 days ago and Iliad goes nuts for it and is durable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts