German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides all the fetch, frisbee, flirtpole, walks, and training everyone does, does anyone just play silly games with their dogs? I have a few silly games that I play with Wolfie, just for fun times. We do " Give me that Puppy" I say give me that puppy, and he immediately goes into a pounce then I chase him all over the house, and under the dining room table. Then I run and he chases me. I also do a silly game where I tap the sides of his mouth and sing who let the dogs out. He loves that game. LOL. We also dance and play hide and seek. Am I nuts or does anyone else have silly, embarrassing dog games that they play with their dogs?

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I play "hide n seek" with Sinister. It's hilarious! I'll tell him to go sit in his crate in my room and then I'll hide somewhere else in the house and yell out "ok" to release him and he comes looking for me.

Sometimes he cheats and leaves his crate to look and I'll yell out "No peeking!" and he goes back in it and waits! :wild: It's hilarious!

We also play "find it" with treats. I have him go sit in his kennel while I drag a treat on the ground creating a scent trail and then I'll hide it out of sight. I'll yell out "find it!" and then he comes out and sniffs the ground and follows the trail until he finds it.

We play another form of "find it" too. I have him go sit in his kennel and wait and I take all the shoes in the house and scatter them around, I put the treat in one shoe and he has to find which shoe it is. But I have him check every single shoe until he finds it.

:D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I play peek-a-boo, kind of. I cover Niko or Rosa's eyes, then uncover them. They don't seem to mind but it probably entertains me more than them. We play "monster" where I'm the monster and I chase them. Very similar to "I'm gonna get you" where I will chase them and poke them in the hindquarters when I can get close enough. Niko will run so slow so that I can keep up with him, but just out of reach.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Silliest game I ever played with a dog was with my last girl Lizzie...

I lived in a mobile home with a long hallway. When I would be sweeping the hall, she would bring a beenie baby toy, drop it in front of the broom and I would bat it down the hall. It took forever to sweep that hall!! But I got so much joy playing such a silly game with my sweet girl!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hondo and I play all sorts of silly games that I've mentioned on this forum before. Find it and Hide and Seek are two of his favorites.

Just recently we've started playing 'Sneak out of the house'. Where I'll very queitly attempt to sneak out of the house. I'll even get on my hands and knees and crawl through the living room ....ever so slowly...so he can't see me over the couch. Somehow he nearly always meets me at the door, tail wagging wildly.

He's gotten now where he'll crack his eyes open if he even hears my chair squeak. Or if he doesn't want to play he'll just lay by the door so I'd have to walk over him to sneak out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Willow likes to play the game "grab what Mom has dropped or left within reach and see if Mom will chase me". When she was real little I would chase her before I realized that she was doing this on purpose. Eventually I caught on but she still grabs things (mostly my hat) if I leave them in reach and she will walk by me real slow and watch me out of the corner of her eye just waiting for me to get up and chase her (I find this part incredibly adorable and funny). If I don't get up and play chase then she drops it as if to say "I didn't really want it anyway".
We do also really play chase around the house where I will chase her into the bedroom and then I will back up and run so she chases me. We also play hide and seek too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts