German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is 11 weeks old and refuses to be very ever be alone. When I'm in the room with him he will bite his toys and run around and the same with outside but the moment I get up to do something he comes running after me even when I try to tell him to sit. And if I do manage to leave he just wines/bark and scratches the door like crqzy . What do I do if I can't leave him alone ever even if his toys are out.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
toys are great and all but puppies need the interaction, its not likely that the dog will play with his toys by himself, try giving him chews like bully sticks to keep him occupied when you cant play with him

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is when I'm with him he doesn't want to "share" the toy he keeps it to himself and goes to the other side of the room

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
He might like to play alone, but he doesn't want to BE alone. Find some things that you can play with together and bring those out when you want to play with him. Be prepared to have a shadow. At his age, I wouldn't leave him unattended anyway unless it's a safe, secured area.

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is one of the things I work with Emma on. She does not want to be out of my site (unless she is hiding something from me - like socks:D)

Do you have a crate? How about a separate room to put the puppy in. I crate Emma sometimes (with her toys) so I can get some project done without her getting in the way.

Also practice leaving for periods and coming back. Its part of her basic training class too. For the stay command I need to be able to walk out of site, then come back and her to stay put. This is going to be a tough one:eek:;):) for her to learn.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It can be annoying when youre trying to get stuff done around the house. I was doing work today and getting frustrated and she can sense it and then whines... That whining does not create mental peace. I dont resort to moving her cage out of the room yet but put up a cardboard block so she doesnt see me and she settles better. It sounds like you actually leave your dog out? I cant do that yet, I dunno if anythig short of a rubber room is puppyproof for my girl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts