German Shepherds Forum banner

Playdates / GSD clubs in Hampton Roads???

712 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kiwilrdg 
#1 ·
Trying to get my pup socialized...looking for playdates around the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and/or GSD clubs?

#4 ·
We still haven't gotten a puppy yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that we'll have one coming home from Blackthorn. Anyway, I was chatting with my vet about a training place and he recommends the Merrimac Dog Training Club in Hampton: index.html. Between that and taking puppy to the barn with me that's our plan for socialization and training.

#5 ·
I know people will disagree with me a lot on this but Hampton Parks and Recreation has a really well monitored dog park at Sandy Bottom Nature Park. Very frequent ranger checks and the regular users are very good about monitoring everything. Good assortment of dogs of all sizes as well.

As a disclaimer I should add to always use dog parks with caution. Poorly behaved or sick dogs and dogs that are not members do slip in from time to time and it can take a little while to get them removed.

If you are military, Dog Beach at Fort Monroe will be open for a few more months as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.