German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is in the correct area to post this...

I'm wondering if any other Phoenicians would be interested in getting together for play dates? Koda and I stopped going to the dog park after he was attacked on more than one occasion and I'm feeling as though he's missing out on socializing with other dogs. We go on walks, to the pet store, etc. and he will sometimes encounter other dogs, but as I said, I know it would benefit him to be around other dogs more often. Riley has suddenly developed a fear towards him (She's always been frightened of larger dogs, though not initially with Koda, so I'm not sure what's going on with her), so she won't even engage when he initiates play...

I know Koda would do well with any female and most males, but since the attacks there are certain males that he will growl at uneasily, so I'd prefer that if anyone is interested in play dates that they meet on leash first to make sure they're okay with each other. Just to make it known, I would never have suggested this if I thought Koda was going to react to other dogs, I will not put my own or someone else's dog in danger.

I can host play dates here, we've got a sizable back yard. I live in North Phoenix, if anyone is relatively close or up for a drive here. If not, I wouldn't object to driving somewhere myself, if you're okay hosting.

If anyone's interested, let me know, and we can work out details...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I would like to do withat with mine. Jax is 3 months so he has 1 more month (last set of shots) until I start taking him out meeting people and going places. I live out in Maricopa

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whenever he's ready, Ace. There's another girl on the board (JessWelch) I propositioned for play dates, but her pup has to finish her shots as well.

The only thing is...I Google Mapped from my house to Maricopa, and you're over an hour away! I hate everything being so far here. I'm sure we can work something out, it just won't be every weekend. ;)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Mine goes to Doggie Daycare every day which has been a great socialization for him and safer than a dog park with bad owners.

Do you have a good one there you can send him to a day or two a week?

·
Registered
803 Posts
lol...travel is nothing for me and Jax. I drive to Tempe for work everyday which is about 30 minutes. Going to scottsdale is about a 50 min drive and I have done it enough where it doesn't feel like it at all.

Sounds great. Jax does need to play with/meet other dogs since he is only around me all the time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Elvis lives in the Carefree Hwy and I-17 area ... he's 6 months old now. He loves other dogs but doesn't get enough of a chance plus he absolutely loves people.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't checked this thread in a while, sorry! I'm glad to hear people want to have play dates.

Elvis - I used to live right over there, so I know the area. I live on 67th Ave. and Happy Valley area, so I'm not far from you.

Jgk - I'm ready when you are, maybe sometime this coming week? If you PM me we can work out the details!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The question still stands, play date anyone? Koda needs to run! We have two great fields by our house. Our back yard is currently being torn up to build a pool, so I've been taking my dogs there, but Koda isn't running as much as I'd like him to. I know if he had another dog besides Riley to run with it would get him going....Anyone still interested?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts