German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My baby is 9 months old and recently he's been having these bouts of jumping on the bed and running in circles while play barking. How do I address that? I know he's playing, and I shouldn't chase him to get him to stop, so I'm unsure what to do.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
We call that the zoomies. Rocky's nearly nine and still does it on occasion. I never corrected it, but that's just me.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Kimba is 3 1/2 and she still gets the zoomies at least once a day.

·
Super Moderator
32,422 Posts
Yeah, mine do that too. Halo has a funny thing she does when she gets really excited - she jumps on the bed and drops into a down, then she leaps up, spins around in the air and then drops back into a down again. She'll do that a couple of times in a row, usually when she's trying to get Keefer to chase her around the house and play. She barks while she's doing it, and then she'll jump off, run around the foot of the bed and jump back on and then do a couple of 360s in the air again. :rofl: Someday I'll have to get that on video....

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Mine get the zoomies in the mornings so I let them outside to run it out. I watch them while I am filling up water buckets and doing misc. chores outside. If you don't want your dog on the bed at that time then you need to teach an off command. I use an off command and enough command with mine. I don't allow Jamie on the bed unless I tell her it is ok then she gets on the bed. If she tries to play on the bed then a ENOUGH command works on her. When zoomies start outside we all go I don't want things knocked over in the house.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Zoomies. Mine does it in the living room..round and round and round...I actually chase him or cut him off to go faster and faster and then he gets tired, stops and waits for me to catch up and pet him :) Because this is a specific zoomie the me chase him behavior does not translate to other things where I need him to not move away, such as trying to eat a rock :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts