German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I've got another question about biting!

My 10 week old pup just got together with a 9 month old chocolate lab (who is HUGE compared to my pup!) for a play date.

Initially, my pup was afraid and barked the beejeezus out of herself, but then got up the courage to play with the lab. They romped around a lot but my pup kept nipping at the lab and trying to bite her neck. Is that normal puppy behaviour? I'm not sure if my pup was scared of the lab because it would lunge at my pup (both dogs were on leash during this play date) and she would retreat a bit and whine. But that was only near the beginning, after a while my pup would run up to the lab, nip it, and run away. She would even bark at the lab to try to get her to play (I think).

I did hear some growling from my pup, so I'm not sure if it was play fighting or real fighting. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Sounds like normal puppy play. Mine do the nip and run so the other will chase them. If they're in a fenced area why not try taking them off the leads so they can run?

·
2,967 Posts
Biting on the neck is not uncommon when my dogs play. Although it's not exactly polite and some dogs don't like it.

Anka on Argos.

Tag going for Cade (Tag got yelled at for this...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts