German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
803 Posts
I just sent you a message right before I saw this post...too funny!

Anyway same here, Blitz cried her head off in the plastic crate for 5 nights in a row so I let her (gasp) sleep in my bed for the next few weeks while I ordered her a wire crate, I thought there was no way she would go for it after being in my bed but much to my suprize she loves it...never a peep! I think she likes having a better view but also I don't think the plastic ones have enough air flow and she feels cooler in the wire crate.

· Premium Member
803 Posts
Your story with the four night screaming in plastic and then quiet in wire is EXACTLY how it went for us.even when I pulled the door of the plastic crate right next to my bed so she could see me was not working, I really think the plastic crates get too hot, being all closed in with body heat and all that fur. We went right to a 42" wire at 15 weeks and she never had a accident in it but some of them do come with a divider if you want to make it smaller for now without having to buy 2 crates while your pup is growing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.