German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I use it and am pleased with the results. The girls' teeth aren't pearly white, but it's definitely staving off the tartar (and on my oldest girl got rid of some, too).

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I was wondering, does it just prevent, or will it help to remove existing tartar.

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
depends on the condition of the dogs teeth. at the time i was using this product, i had a dog whose teeth were in good shape, and one whose were in bad shape. if there was any difference for my dogs - it was very slight. did absolutely nothing for my senior dogs breath and thats why it was recommended to me by the pet store.

·
Registered
529 Posts
try raw meaty bones three times a week...works like a charm....convinced my mom to try it with her girl who is a kibble/home cooked dog she had to use gel on....no more plaque.....

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rudy can't have raw bones b/c he has a dental condition. Dental Hypoplasia---no enamel. He does get turkey, chicken, and ducks neck......and raw chicken feet when I can get them.

·
Registered
529 Posts
that's a shame he has that....maybe the combination of a gel and the turkey and chicken can help.....my mom used this one and it did whiten the teeth up fairly quick, though the dogs teeth were just starting to yellow, not huge amounts of plaque.....PetzLife Oral Care Spray & Gel for Dogs and Cats

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. We have that. Rudy's dentals have been up to $1500 a piece (they have to seal his teeth etc) so I try to do what I can in between.
I also use fregaria vesca, but haven't been too regular about it. As long as Plaque Off is safe, I will use it. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems to be working. Breath is a lot better, quite a bit of tartar or plaque removed. I have started adding fragaria vesca pellets to their water once a day, as well.
Concerned with iodine levels in Plaque Off. When I think Rudy has gotten all the benefit I think he wll get on this I will cut him back to a 2-3 times a week. Go from there.
So far, I am pleased.

·
Registered
179 Posts
So...what was the verdict....did it remove the plaque?...and stupid question...what are knuckle bones and where do I get them? Is there a certain size? Beef?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Knuckle bones are RAW bones and you can get them from your local butcher or find a place that sells products like K9 Kraving.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts