1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I keep finding nite shade around here. Never noticed much before, but I'm seeing quite a bit of it now, even at my work.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Thanks for the warning. Evidently it is in the two counties I hike in, in CA. Looks like Queen Ann's lace but yellow. I am so ignorant about identifying plants, but this I will remember.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Is there another plant that looks just like it??? I used to pick those and put them in vases! They also smell like carrots.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when I saw the sign I just thought of the young kids , the 8 and 10 year old boys who are going to head for the creek looking for salamanders and frogs . They are not going to read the sign.
I had not been to this location for maybe two years went to it for novelty.
I was well along the path until I encountered the sign -- I thought it was one of those markers which tell you about some feature . NO. It was a warning. I had used this ravine for years as a place to do search training , lob the ball and have it get lost ! uhh another place unusable . Seems we have so many hostile invasive things lately -- including in swarming biting tiny red ants .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts