German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/NC32/NC32.
http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/NC32/NC32.18285616-2-pn.jpg

LISTED AS A MIX, But I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pet ID: 7053

Chatham County Animal Shelter, Pittsboro, NC
  • 919-542-7203
  • Email Chatham County Animal Shelter

Hello, my name is George and I am looking for a forever home to call my own. I am currently at the Chatham County Animal Shelter waiting to meet my new humans! If you are looking for a new pooch to spend your days with, please come to meet me!

If you are interested in meeting George, please contact Krista or Ginny at the Chatham County Animal Shelter ASAP 919-542-7203. You can also e-mail at; [email protected]

Please, ACT FAST!

At the Chatham County Animal Control shelter it is first come first serve; holds are not allowed, in person or over the phone. The adoption fee is $100.00; that includes first vaccinations, physical exam, discounted rabies vaccination and spay or neuter of the animal. While at a participating vet, you can purchase a discounted rabies vaccine for an additional $5.00. The shelter is open for adoptions from 11-4 Monday thru Friday and on Saturday from 10-2. The $100....

Hello, my name is George and I am looking for a forever home to call my own. I am currently at the Chatham County Animal Shelter waiting to meet my new humans! If you are looking for a new pooch to spend your days with, please come to meet me!

If you are interested in meeting George, please contact Krista or Ginny at the Chatham County Animal Shelter ASAP 919-542-7203. You can also e-mail at; [email protected]

Please, ACT FAST!

At the Chatham County Animal Control shelter it is first come first serve; holds are not allowed, in person or over the phone. The adoption fee is $100.00; that includes first vaccinations, physical exam, discounted rabies vaccination and spay or neuter of the animal. While at a participating vet, you can purchase a discounted rabies vaccine for an additional $5.00. The shelter is open for adoptions from 11-4 Monday thru Friday and on Saturday from 10-2. The $100.00 adoption fee must be paid by cash or check; credit cards are not accepted.

CCAS57057

If you are interested in adopting George, call 919-542-7203.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
George is just 100% purebred hunk! :wub:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
This is a gassing shelter, I believe. As Petfinder introduced the new software, all purebred dogs were relisted as mixes. We were not aware of this until applicants started asking why we don't have purebred dogs.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Bump-he is so handsome!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just called, they have had several local inquiries and they have not temp tested him as of yet. The people interested are coming today/tomorrow. I will call tomorrow and see what the status is. I spoke with Ginny on the phone, very nice, they are full, he does not have long. Hopefully one of these prospects will be good. I have additional pictures that came to me privately before realizing this was the same dog!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Hope this beautiful boy gets his home fast!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!

:help:
I talked with Cris at the shelter a little bit ago, as I was going to follow up from yesterday on this boy's luck. No luck! Nobody who called came, nobody has been to see him either! They took in 10 strays yesterday. If this afternoon they pick up anymore, then all the dogs available including this boy will need to be PTS in order to hold space for the strays. She says he is very sweet. I asked her if she could temp test him with other dogs, but she is the ONLY one at the shelter. If a volunteer can get there, she said she would help. PLEASE! I am attaching pictures from a cross post on this boy. I am also reaching out to whoever to help!

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
I will donate to any approved rescue group that will pull him.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Thank you for the reminder of Alma, Rebel - hers was an amazing story, I just have a hard time believing it's been four years since it all happened. Brought a tear to my eye looking at her sweet face - she really was special.

Now here comes George - and the thought of this beautiful boy being gassed... well it's just too much. BUMP for you fella - hoping for a miracle.

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
REBELGSD, wow, read most of that thread! I PM'd you in response to your PM! Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
hoping someone can take this guy!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have someone temping him right now! Will post when we find out! GSRA

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If anyone wants more information, one of our volunteers graciously went out and assessed this boy. He tested great, but according to the shelter staff he has gone kennel crazy. We can NOT take him at this time due to lack of proper foster space to remedy this situation. Without any other commitment, "The shelter manager Krista and Laura (the CARE volunteer) agree that if he can't get out today then he needs to be pts for his own peace of mind."
I am so sorry for him. And we all feel that we didn't get to him soon enough! :0( I am very disappointed personally and carry a heavy burden for him. MAGSR- I PM'd you all. According to what we know, you were the back up?

·
Registered
55 Posts
How very sad, we also do not have a foster home, he would have to go to our kennel which obviously is not going to help this boy. I am so sorry that we are unable to provide the help this boys needs. :(

·
Registered
940 Posts
If anyone wants more information, one of our volunteers graciously went out and assessed this boy. He tested great, but according to the shelter staff he has gone kennel crazy. We can NOT take him at this time due to lack of proper foster space to remedy this situation. Without any other commitment, "The shelter manager Krista and Laura (the CARE volunteer) agree that if he can't get out today then he needs to be pts for his own peace of mind."
I am so sorry for him. And we all feel that we didn't get to him soon enough! :0( I am very disappointed personally and carry a heavy burden for him. MAGSR- I PM'd you all. According to what we know, you were the back up?
Oh no :( I hope he got out...:teary:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts