German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is Piper. We rescued her when a friend of my wife had three puppies in a trash bag dumped at her front door. My wife and I still can’t understand why (other than just degenerate individuals) they would be dumped at 6 weeks (her friend immediately took the pups to the vet to get care and age estimate). We don’t care what her mix is because she is part of our family. She is now two and super intelligent, energetic and loves to play in the water. Just curious on ideas of what mix she may be due to how she was just dumped 😢

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
It’s hard to tell from those picture. A side view and a straight on front view that is not taken from above would help. You can get a DNA test if you need to know. Depending on where you live, she could be a fighting breed mix.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Hmm... I’m thinking more a northern breed, like a husky. The ears, rounded face, and the black nose with pink stripe all scream that to me. But really, who knows! Unless you get a DNA test, you won’t ever know for sure, and some say DNA tests aren’t even accurate.

·
Registered
621 Posts
She's a very pretty dog! Welcome. I agree that DNA tests will answer the question of her mix if you are interested enough to pay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts