German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

I am new to the forums and wanted to introduce Piper. Piper is our second Sable Shepherd. She was born on 03/22/2013 and we just picked her up yesterday 04/25/2013. She was bred by Milnerhaus Kennels in Throop PA.

We visited the puppies at 5 weeks old. This litter had 5, 4 females and a male. We were lucky enough to be the first people to visit them so we had first pick!!

Here are a couple pics that day that we chose her.

We went yesterday to pick her up from the Breeder. We never told our kids that we were getting the dog, so when we came home it was a nice surprise for them!!

Here is a video of the surprise! (not sure I can actually embed the video)
Meg and Maddie's reaction to their new puppy. - YouTube

She had a good night and woke up this morning all bright eyed! Can't wait to get her outside today.....

We are in love with this new puppy!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!!

She had a good night only got up once to go to the bathroom. Didn't whine or anything. She has been running around like crazy, just like a regular baby, she comes inside and passes out.....

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
She's beautiful! Great little body on her and she already has such a wise look on her face- in the pictures anyway. Congratulations, you did well

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
What a beautiful little puppy she is. Those first pictures of her are precious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She was out all day today!! She is all tuckered out :)

Both of my daughters love the dog but my older is obviously more involved!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone give their opinion??

Started go feed Natural Balance and seems like Piper was doing OK. Now she won't eat it. I tried a new flavor, added some wet food, even cut up some hot dogs and added it. She is 11 weeks now and vet said need to get her weight up just a bit.

What food can you guys reccomend to try??? I need to try something else I guess.....

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Too precious! She looks so smart and pretty!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone give their opinion??

Started go feed Natural Balance and seems like Piper was doing OK. Now she won't eat it. I tried a new flavor, added some wet food, even cut up some hot dogs and added it. She is 11 weeks now and vet said need to get her weight up just a bit.

What food can you guys reccomend to try??? I need to try something else I guess.....

We feed our GSD Blue Buffalo he was on the large puppy breed until 4 months and then we switched to large adult breed. He loves it and we do not mix it with anything. He is also taking multi vitamans. He is growing fast. We had him next to another GSD and he was almost double in size they were only a week apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We feed our GSD Blue Buffalo he was on the large puppy breed until 4 months and then we switched to large adult breed. He loves it and we do not mix it with anything. He is also taking multi vitamans. He is growing fast. We had him next to another GSD and he was almost double in size they were only a week apart.
I was actually considering BB. It was between that and the Natural Balance when I started. A very good friend researched and recommended the NB. Going to stop at the store on the way home and grab a small bag.... thanks!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts