German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a short vid of Piper getting her ball..I just find it hilarious everytime she does this...sometimes she will drop it in herself and have a goood time getting it out lol (click on image)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
That's cute!

Lisl will take a floating ball out of her water tub in the garage/patio, but I've never seen her pull anything out that sank to the bottom.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
yes, my dog Diesel used to do this... she would even dive to the bottom of a pool or go completely underwater in a dive in the ocean to retrieve anything I would throw, scared me the first time she did it didnt know dogs could actually dive underwater or would even want to for that matter...

Penny shoves her head into huge buckets of water even if there is nothing in there, Im still trying to work on fetching but Im sure she would do the same thing once we get that worked out.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Laurels Journey will dive to the bottom of the pool.
Several of my dogs will submerge in the pond or the lake to retrieve tossed rocks.
I have a dog right now that presents a problem in keeping his 5 gallon bucket of water fresh. Give him a chicken carcass and he will put it in the water , let it sink , pull it out , head submerged almost to ear opening, give the chicken a shake and then eat it. I call him the raccoon's offspring.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Very cute! Two of my dogs, Massie and Chama, would put their heads completely underwater to retrieve rocks from the bottom of the lake. Rafi also likes to drop his ball in the water and bob for it. :)

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Mine like to retrieve rocks we've tossed in the creek/lake. They will submerge their heads, but not their entire body. Im gonna try the bucket, I tried a kiddie pool and they wanted nothing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Had a black lab that would do that. He would sometimes dunk his head in and come back with trash and rocks from the creek. My GSD not so sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts