German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my 1 year old boy has a pink colored patch just below his nose. It was not there on Thursday which was two days ago. (Today is Saturday) Any suggestions or comparisons? (I do plan on getting him to a vet soon.)

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
My dog has little red areas like these from time to time, but it's always gone away on its own. It could be something he was chewing on, or it could be his food or water dish if you use something other than stainless bowls. Just keep an eye on it, and ask your vet if it still hasn't gone away on its own before your visit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My boy Klaus would have similar spots like that appear from time-to-time and I asked my vet about it while Klaus was in for his annual comprehensive exam one time. Vet told me that it was from excessive licking. Excessive to the point that he actually licked the “black” pigment off from his nose. He told me that it wasn’t a problem unless if he persisted to the point where it might get infected. He asked me to just monitor it. Otherwise, he told me, that it the black pigment would return on its own without any further issue after a while....and it did/has every time.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd scrub/wash the dishes he eats from - I've had blemishes like this when I forget to scrub them out. Is it possible he's rubbing it raw or scraped it on something? My female has scraped the skin off her nose once when she was younger in the crate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts