German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shenzi LOVES pinecones. On walks, she'll grab one and run around like an idiot all proud of herself. Crunch Crunch Crunch. I'll even use a pinecone for reward during training. She'd probably choose it over a tug.(She doesnt eat them, just crunches)

Anyone else have a pinecone addict? :D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Neither of mine are too into pinecones, in spite of my efforts. :) Rosa, however, loves to destroy bird nests if she finds them on the ground. They must smell wonderful, and she takes great pleasure in ripping them to shreds.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Me! The first photo I have of my female is her running around with a pineconein her mouth. When I take her to the park, she grabs one from under the pine trees and bounces around like a puppy. Chomp Chomp!

You can see a photo of her on the slide with a pinecone in her mouth. And scroll to the bottom to see her puppy pinecone photo. :)

Ciana

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
she takes great pleasure in ripping them to shreds.
Aww poor birdies! Those things take a lot of work, you know! LOL

I too have a pinecone addicted Lab.
There is a "special season" apparently in which pinecones are particularly delicious... Sadie will venture off into the woods in search of them no matter now how many of her favororite doggie friends are at the park during peak cone season :D

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Dodger hates pinecones in his hole that he lays in outside. it's funny I'll be outside and all of a sudden i see a pinecone go flying out of his hole and he has a look of satisfaction on his face. then he'll go get it tear it up and discard the pieces in my house lol nerdy dog

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Otto is totally addicted to pinecones!!! Lol.... He to only gets the ones off the ground! He always brings them home and crunches on them.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Riley is a pinecone addict as well.... he had a stash of them at my inlaws house a couple years ago. no pinecones out here for him to grab so the house has stayed pinecone free for now but the minute he finds one we have instapuppy bouncing around like a nerd who just won the chess tournament. lol.

Edit: in no way was that meant to offend so please dont take offense if you're a "chess nerd"

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blackpuppy, your girl is BEAUTIFUL. The picture of her with the pinecone as a baby-the pinecones almost bigger than her head!(wait-is that a pinecone?) Also-the headshots between the slide picture and the 'I has a cup' picture really show the nature of your girl-she seems like an absolute ham! Also-the 'I kill you' picture is priceless.

Ack-off to the dog park. I think we need to start an intervention for KZoppas boy though, seems to be hoarding guys...:eek: So, whose breaking the news he has a problem?
LOL
:wub:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Blackpuppy, your girl is BEAUTIFUL. The picture of her with the pinecone as a baby-the pinecones almost bigger than her head!(wait-is that a pinecone?)
Thank you! She really is something else. When she was this small it was so hard to get a photo of her being still.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Karlo loved pinecones too! He doesn't care about them anymore, but when he had his puppy pinteeth they would get stuck, he'd fling the pinecone off and game on again. It was the cutest thing.
Then he'd sneak one inside the house and it would explode with seeds/pinecone everywhere!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Jinx absolutely LOVES pinecones. Not sure if it's just NC or if I never paid such cose attention to them but pinecones have flippin sharp points on the ends like thumb tacks and when she gets one in the house it always winds up in the bottom of my foot and it hurts to walk for days.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AWWWW PUPPPYYYY

okay guys...I have a problem.

I'm addicted to puppies with pinecones!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Blackpuppy, your girl is BEAUTIFUL. The picture of her with the pinecone as a baby-the pinecones almost bigger than her head!(wait-is that a pinecone?) Also-the headshots between the slide picture and the 'I has a cup' picture really show the nature of your girl-she seems like an absolute ham! Also-the 'I kill you' picture is priceless.

Ack-off to the dog park. I think we need to start an intervention for KZoppas boy though, seems to be hoarding guys...:eek: So, whose breaking the news he has a problem?
LOL
:wub:

LMAO!!! Maybe if someone ELSE told him he'd listen. Something similar to kids wont listen to their parents but listen to total strangers... he just looks at us like we're crazy for telling him no pinecones. I personally dont like pinecone pieces stabbing me in the foot in the middle of the night and he's a sneaky one! he manages to sneak the cone into the house if by some miracle he does find one!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
and OMG did i mention how 100% adorable this is?!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Abby loves pinecones .... loves to disassemble them all over the place. Loves to toss them up and catch them and play keepaway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts