German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the Photos its Lari, Chief, then Hank on the far right. He's known Lari for awhile. He just met Hank today. Lari does not like her photo taken, so she is always looking away. Chief and Hank did awesome in the creek running around playing. I should have did a video, but I was to busy laughing at Chief and Hank they both ran like crazy and both jumped into a drop off and went under. Chief was a bit rough at one point though, so we had to quite it down. They both are really submissive. The Video I am posing is Chief when he first sees lari today. He naturally runs up to her and starts licking her. Not the best video, but I will try and get a better one soon. Chief met Hank(the light tan/white) dog right before the video.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Looks like the meeting was a success, how long did they interact before taking the pictures on the rock?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Chief and the black girl have met a bunch of times it was the first time he met the tan/white dog. We walked for probably half hour or more before we got to that rock then continued to walk more. They got along great. I more posted a video to show how he typically heads to other dogs he doesn't know. The video is to show other how he usually is which goes off this thread I posted below on needing help getting him to be not so crazy when he see other dogs and so crazy when he actually meets them, but from another user on a another forum I have decided I no longer want him to meet other dogs on the leash on walks. I need help in being able to calmly walk past another dog without this pulling to get it. He can sniff the air as they walk by so he can still get their scent, but I want to be able to walk past any dog whether he likes the dog or not. http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/training-theory-methods/269362-chiefs-training-progress-long.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts