German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a couple of pictures of my sweet puppy, and i should be taking alot more to see the progress over the years :).

a question i have is, better yet maybe this explanation answers my own question but here it goes: her father was very tall and slender, her mother was average weight/height. now the ears arent exactly standing 'upright' being at 13 weeks old even looking at younger pups, ie: 9 weeks, with their ears perfectly up.

i also know dogs develop at different rates. my question is do you think shes taking alot of her fathers characteristics in size, to the point to where her head hasnt really fit her ears so to speak?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
She's a beauty! Her ears are nearly there. They all go up at such different rates. My dog Chief had his ears like Mya at around the same age, but my pup Wolfie had them up at 8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Gorgeous!

Madix's ears went up and down several times before they stayed up. When they leaned together and met on top of his head, my mom called it his "party hat" lol :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I love the little "conehead"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, i like the party hat! thats a good one! heres a couple more pictures i feel like i should share!

and please excuse the subliminal messaging about frys :p

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
She's a cutie! I love her shiny sleekness.

·
Registered
254 Posts
She's a beauty, I bet those ears come around very shortly. Our 17 week old has had them just like that, standing up straight and now one is kind of flopping and then popping back up.

Just a stage I think most of them go through.

Our 3 1/2 year old did the same thing and he has gorgeous ears if I do say so myself :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

that is her mom in behind the fence, the dad is running out back with the ball in his mouth :p of course its standard for shepherds!

i left my camera in my car and had to run to it to capture the one of two shots that i have. seeing as it is my first shepherd, albeit i did grow up with 2 of them, its definitely different owning one! she was super submissive to her mother, not as much to the father because her breeder actually has a huge ranch, with 6 shepherds on the lot. But as far as her and the mother goes she was constantly submissive and it was very cute to see her behavior ( being a month since she has seen her ) towards her mother.

next time i will capture a video to share with everyone! :)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
she is gorgeous!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

first pic is her right when i got her at 8 weeks, sleeping on my basketball jersey :))))

2nd pic: this was mya at about 9 weeks and the end of her sockmonkey for the most part. it only lasted a couple weeks.

I still have the sockmonkey, but it is gutted so she cant eat all the stuffings that she thinks is so yummy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts