German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,301 Posts
Certainly she has to keep an eye on you and make sure you're not disturbed:)

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GSD's forever. I had been thinking of going back to sight hounds after she is no longer with us but you never get that loyalty from GSD and how could I thrive without it?

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Good girl Deja!

Just a reminder that the same calm acceptance of noisy tools and such can lead to dangerous situations. Mine will drop a ball on my miter saw during a cut or walk up behind me while I'm cutting with a chainsaw getting a face full of wood chips and dust. I need to remind myself to not get complacent when working with tools and the dogs are near.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good girl Deja!

Just a reminder that the same calm acceptance of noisy tools and such can lead to dangerous situations. Mine will drop a ball on my miter saw during a cut or walk up behind me while I'm cutting with a chainsaw getting a face full of wood chips and dust. I need to remind myself to not get complacent when working with tools and the dogs are near.
:eek: Whenever there is a chainsaw, axe, lawn mower or anything similar involved she will be locked inside or kenneled outside so she can still see. I am OCD safety conscious. With this belt sander (elevated) I know she is OK as she is trained and mature at 5.5. years. No way would I do this with a pup or an unpredictable (which they all are) adolescent dog around.

Glad you brought up the topic of power tools. Maybe it deserves its own sticky thread?

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Have to love that loyalty and bond! I tricked mine one time by crawling out the bathroom window to see how long she would lay in front of the door waiting for me to come out. I finally called her to me an hour later. She was still laying next to the door! Lol

I lock mine up because they are those rude dogs that think vacuums, lawn mowers, hedge clippers, chain saw, circular saw, is a threat and must be immediately destroyed. Yeah, they aren’t going to get the ending they were hoping for in that fight!

My DH kept insisting on getting a Rumba. I kept insisting it was a bad idea because the dogs would have it dead in a day. He bought the Rumba, it was dead in a day. Maybe we can start a sticky about training our significant others that what we tell them will come true ??‍♀?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Have to love that loyalty and bond! I tricked mine one time by crawling out the bathroom window to see how long she would lay in front of the door waiting for me to come out. I finally called her to me an hour later. She was still laying next to the door! Lol
LOL! So funny! And that's the way they are.
I am under constant surveillance. Even when napping...he will wake up briefly, stand, turn around three times, and plop down again...but I noticed that no matter how he plops down, the position is ALWAYS with his head pointed at me. What are the odds of that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts