German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of Barktober Fest today. It was AWESOME. Ozzy was a bit scared at first because there were so many big dogs (I only saw TWO dogs smaller than him, LOL), but after about 15 minutes he grew confidence and was greeting all the big boys. :)

I got commended by a Dobe owner for having a small dog that didn't try to eat the big dogs.

NOBODY knew what Ozzy was. "What kind of mix is he?" "What is he?" After I told a lot of people he's a Pom, I got, "Mixed with what?" "Is he a short-hair Pom?" Only one person had an 'idea' he was a Pom, but the color threw her off. lol Guess chocolate Poms aren't that common! I got a lot of compliments on how well behaved and how unique looking he is. :)

Anyway, here's pics. :)

Ready to go! :D

The Dobe whose owner was surprised Ozzy didn't try to eat him. :)

Meeting more pups!

Sporting his new bandanna! :D

There were quite a few GSDs he got to meet. :D :D

Pit stop!

Hihihihihi! :)

A Newfie whose head was bigger than Ozzy. He drooled ALL over Ozz Paw's face. LOL

Respecting his elders. :)

I was "trolling for pit bulls."

:D

Six month old GSD pup named Scooby. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"'Sup, Scoob?!"

"Hey, I wanna say hi!"

He made a new human friend! :)

Setting up for the K9 demonstration. I'll post vids of that later. They used a Dutch shepherd named Chuckie. Haha.

Watching the demo! When the cop shot the gun, ALL the dogs started barking and freaking out. Ozzy wasn't even phased! He looked around for a bit, then went back to chewing his stick. I was so proud of him! When I looked around, almost every dog, no matter what size they were, was in their owner's lap. LOL

Getting lovin's and playing with a golden's tail! :p

Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Thai ridgeback!? :O

Big Akita! :)

Hi, sir husky! :)

Ah, good day! :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh wow! A Thai Ridgeback! (I'd recognize that sleek lookin' breed anywhere! ^^) Sounds like Ozzy had A BLAST. My favorite is the last picture. =) What a tuckered out little pom.
Oh! and he looked wonderful in his new bandanna!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Good times. Random question: Do Poms come in different coat lengths? I guess they must. I've only ever seen them with fuller coats, yet Ozzy's is very short...

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
He's still adorable and you deserve a huge pat on the back because it's pretty clear you're doing a great job socializing and training him!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good times. Random question: Do Poms come in different coat lengths? I guess they must. I've only ever seen them with fuller coats, yet Ozzy's is very short...
Not as far as I know. He's just growing his adult fur right now, but he'll be a poof ball here before too long. Both of his parents were poofy. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think its because he is in the proscess of getting his big boy coat. His hair should get longer/fuller the older he gets. He's so cute. I just love the chocolat color :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Melina - you probably could have taken your boy. There were a LOT of dogs that were intact there. I think they just put that they wanted the dogs to be fixed because they didn't want any issues. I noticed that in the e-mail they sent back to me about if I could take Ozzy, being intact, and they said that since he's young, other dogs shouldn't have a problem with him.

But Christen - he's going through his 'puppy uglies' and the adult fur on his back has been getting notably longer as time passes. Can't wait for him to be a foof ball in two months or so. :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's too cute. It looks like Ozzy had a blast meeting all of those dogs!!

I think we have a barktoberfest coming here towards the end of October, definitely want to attend -- but I need someone to go with me so that both dogs can go (not sure who can walk Sobacca properly though haha). I know with all the dogs I can't handle both of mine, Minna isn't trained well enough to walk on a loose leash somewhere yet

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I would have liked to have brought Koda, but in all honesty, he doesn't travel well in the car (Tends to throw up on longer car rides), plus I need to be frugal with my gas right now. :) It would have been cool to have met you and Ozzy though, Konotashi.

I don't know much about Poms, so thanks for clearing up the coat status. As I said, I had never seen one with a short coat, I should have guessed that his was just growing in!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Ozz seems to have the world by its tail! He's so cute- I love the pic of the gsd sniffing his nose, like 'what the heck?'.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Scooby's owners (GSD pup) said that Ozzy was the smallest dog he's ever seen, so he wasn't quite sure what to think of him. Haha.

One GSD's owner tried getting her GSD Zoey to sit by Ozzy to get a cute picture of both of them together, but they were both too distracted. It made me sad - I would have loved a cute picture of him sitting pretty by a GSD. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts