German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've settled on my next dog which I plan to jump into the IPO path with from the get go, with my daughter. Valor is really my dream dog, but I got him at 5.5 months and have the urge to start at 8 weeks this next go around :)

I have a planned litter picked. Absolute awesome pedigree for what I want. It is going to be a year plus of torture lol I'll share the pedigree once there is a confirmed pregnancy next year. I have reserved male 1st pick.

So, I need C names to help pass the time of torture. I would pick a gun name or a German name, and C is the worst letter for either one lol The only gun I can think of is Colt..and for me I like 2 syllables or longer that can be shortened for 2 syllables. And well for the last 150 years nothing German STARTS with C. The short version can't sound like Val (what I often call Valor- who is Dan Wesson Valor in entirety)

Help me out with strong C names? :)

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Calico?? LOL! Given that calico is most often associated with a fabric or a cat, I REALLY can't see a male dog being called by that name!

Colt is definitely a good name for a male dog, though. In addition to being a gun name, of course, it's also use to refer to a young male horse.

Edit: there's also a Cobray gun company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firearms#C
That's got kind of a nice sound to it, even if someone's not familiar with the company, because it sounds like 'cobra'.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cobray is kind of cool!

Campo Giro is cool too. Spanish gun and I am half Spanish. Thanks for that list Sunsilver!

I've tried calling COLT! And it cuts too short coming out the throat. I have a Colt 45 Combat Elite too, it is my favorite.Ah well.

Anything like Calico with that "al" sound in the beginning is going to be too close to "Val" which I sometimes call Valor that.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The designer of the Campo Giro was from Santander Spain as was my Grandfather and moved/fouhgt for Cuba..which my Grandfather emigrated to Cuba, had my mom there, then fled to USA after Bay Of Pigs.

I am liking "Campo"

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone!!! The next year and a few months will be torture lol It is a repeat breeding of the sire and dam of a puppy I am with all the time. So watching him grow this year, watching him develop in our club, and watching how he is trained is very valuable to me.

Valor is doing so great at IPO. He will never be flashy or sporty but he gets it done. He is maturing so nicely. I held my breath to see if something that was too much for my lifestyle would kick in with him. I had no reason to think it would..I know his sire well..and other dogs from his same lines. I guess it is like kids. You have no reason to think they are going to go off the reservation as teens, but you know that sometimes they do. You hear....stories.

Anyway, Valor is the dog I am learning IPO on and we have one of those heart dog bonds for sure. He will be a wonderful presence in little Chico Chucho Campo Cobray ...whatever name he gets lol

And I have decided to train the IPO commands in Spanish this time around. Because I can :)

·
Super Moderator
32,162 Posts
Here are a couple on my short list for Cava. She's a female, and my husband thought some of them sounded better for a male:

Cobra (could be the snake, or the car - Shelby Cobra)
Cheetah
Cypher - this could work for male or female

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BUMP!!! make that a "B" litter and make that end of April :eek: One breeding didn't happen so this one got planned earlier. I need B names! lol

B is actually harder than C. Darn.

I might just go all traditional old school and do, like "Butch" or something like that lol

·
Premium Member
11,174 Posts
Carbon, Carbine, Csabre, Cairo, Caliber

some gun connections - some I just like!

Lee

1 - 20 of 43 Posts