German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here are a few photos from our drive home from Williston, ND to Phoenix, AZ!

She is a doll, we are totally in love with her : )

Jordan and I - at 27 pounds she thinks she weighs 5 or 6.

Cows???? WHERE???

Bat Ears! : )

Waiting in the car with Dad.

Jordan bonding with her Porcupine : )

Giant Paw!

Huh?! (she does this if you "moo" at her LOL)

I'm a bit camera happy.... I have loads more.... and video lol.... I don't want to miss anything -- I know how fast they grow up. She is adjusting quickly... loves our little pups and the kitties, and got a clean bill of health from our vet this morning! We go back in 3 weeks for more shots and another worming, but she is doing awesome, very obedient and seems to already be bonding with me! : )

-Jess

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Oh! Someone else stuck in this ****-hole! When she's through with her puppy vaccinations/worming can we have a play date? I'm serious. Koda needs a playmate. He loves the ladies, by the way. ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually a play date sounds fun! She has had all of her vaccines on time thus far starting @ 4 weeks... my vet doesnt like "home" vaccines though and since her insurance covers her shots I agreed to let them readminister the parvo vaccine = ) And we arent a fan of living here either lol, just staying until hubby can transfer jobs... we really like Rifle, CO but are willing to settle for a transfer anywhere in CO or SO Cal : P

And yes she is long hair, but according to the breeder and our vet she has a shorter coat than long haired GSDs normally do at this age... so we are thinking it will be in between... and we are planning to keep her trimmed down especially with the heat out here.

Thanks for the comments guys... I'm excited to watch her grow and learn new things!

-Jess

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Well, let me know when she's all set with her vaccinations and what not, Koda would love to play. He tries to get my Sheltie Mix, Riley, to play...But for some reason she's been scared of him lately. I don't know why, he's gentle with her (As far as GSD's go), and he's not done anything to frighten her that I've witnessed..I keep a watchful eye on them together. We don't do dog parks anymore, Koda's been attacked there, plus I've seen too many "incidences" there. We're staying away indefinitely, so it would be nice to have a playmate for Koda since Riley isn't having it. May I ask what part of AZ you're in?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
she's 150% adorable!!!! she's so pretty. Love it. Cant wait to see pics as she grows!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, Jordan wants to play with our two older chi's (4 and 11) and they ar horrified (probably because she is currently 12 of our youngest in weight...her head is as big as the older ones body -.-) so they run to daddy and she barks. A playmate would be awesome ...we are trying to get her out around other dogs....she is great around ALL people... its dogs she barks at for whatever reason.

We are on the Tempe/Phx border - cross roads are 48th street and Baseline : )

We decided long ago that dog parks are scary - I even get nervous when we play in our (fenced) yard and there is a dog walking by ...most folks dont train or maintain control of their dogs and then it ends up hurting the trained dog - in my personal experience anyways. : (

-Jess

·
Super Moderator
32,585 Posts
And yes she is long hair, but according to the breeder and our vet she has a shorter coat than long haired GSDs normally do at this age... so we are thinking it will be in between... and we are planning to keep her trimmed down especially with the heat out here.
I think her coat is perfectly normal for a 13 week old. It's not any shorter than my LCs were at that age. She's too young for her adult coat to start coming in, so I think it's too soon to tell how she'll look. In any case, I would NOT keep her trimmed - her coat will help insulate her.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh turned out to be long-coated and we live in TX, wouldn't consider trimming or shaving. Like CassidysMom says, the coat will help insulate from the heat- as well as cold. He managed the heat by sitting in the kiddie pool then coming into the a/c.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh ok... that makes sense... thanks for the advice - I hadnt though of it that way... : ) We are planning to get her a kiddie pool at the beginning of summer, and the ac is normally set around 82 to 84ish. : )

·
Registered
664 Posts
So sweet & absolutely adorable and so so so huggable!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
She is SO cute! Congrats to you on your new pup - totally worth the long drive!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts