German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the dogs out today, as it finally warmed up above 0, the snow is now up to my thighs. So we decided to try snow shoeing with them. Now it has been years since I have been on snow shoes, let alone had these two out with them. I think I lasted maybe 5 minutes before I was looking up at the sky, with Connor showing me with snow he was wagging over me with his tail. Anyway on to some deep snow pictures (Sorry I was the one with the camera, so now shots of me floundering to get up).

And thanks to the fellow who was bobcatting some snow. He very nicely offered his assistance (I think he figured we had gotten stuck), not realising that it was just two crazy woman trying to walk on snow while laughing like drunkin fools. The dogs atleast appeared normal...

krisk
BIM Edale's Wild Thyme Chpt'd OFA,OVC (Kenna)
Sunflower's Immortal of Dilquin OFA (Connor)
Rainbowbridge
BPIS.MultiGroupWinner.Ch.Sunflower's Kissin Kris CD,TC,HIC,OFA (Kris)
Sunflower's Aztec Asyak CD,TC (Azzie)
Roll of The Dice of Sunflower Chpt'd HIC,TC (Gamble)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Oh, THANKS for sharing your photos! I love watching dogs play in the snow and we just don't get enough of it around here!

·
Registered
583 Posts
They look like they were having so much fun. Great pictures!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Great pictures - great story. I can just imagine the giggles. :D Can you imagine burying your face into a snowbank on purpose?! Looks like the dogs had a blast.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
What great pics. The dogs look like they were having a blast in all of that snow. Almost makes me wish we got more here, to watch my two playing in it like that. Almost.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Good clean fun. Thanks for sharing, beautiful dogs. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would gladly share snow with anyone who is missing it, if I could. Just finished shoveling yet again. And now that it is warming up and melting, it is heavier to shovel.

krisk
Connor & Kenna

·
Registered
396 Posts
Oh, THANKS for sharing your photos! I love watching dogs play in the snow and we just don't get enough of it around here!
I totally agree!! My WGSD used to love to play in the snow (the whole inch or two we'd get each year *cough*). Her favorite food was 'water biscuits' (ice cubes) so she thought she was in heaven when it snowed.
LOVE the snow pics!!!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Great pictures!!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Those are awesoem pictures!! I am not even so sure I could walk in snow shoes anymore! I used to when I was younger but have not used them in 20 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts