German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's Regis Philbin in a dogsuit!!
Whenever Grimm sees a camera, he now immediately rushes right up, sits or stands very close, sets his ears forwards, eye brow wrinkles intense, grinning.

Sometimes, all I get in the viewfinder is a nostril. Or, a mile-long tongue, and a foggy view caused by hot dog breath right up against the cam.

I would like to get some action shots, or shots of him AWAY from the camera!
But, every photo ends up being "posed" now!

Have I accidentally trained him to do this, by calling him when I had the cam? Or, is he just Regis Philbin, a canine MC, just waiting for hair and make-up before he can go on stage?

<span style="color: #3333FF">Is there a way to un-train this behavior now.. or should I just buy him a sequined purple MC tux and accept my fate of my photos being a collection of grinning, head-wrinkly, "Here's lookin' at YOU" shots?</span>

Anyone else end up getting nothing but posed pics??

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
LOL. Nothing wrong with a camera ham. I have watched Risa pout when I was taking a picture of something ELSE in the apartment. *Sigh*

Plus, this means more pictures of Grimmi to share! And that can't be a bad thing!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Mine is like that too!!

throw a ball or toy and get him in action.!!

Oh Grimmy just loves to be photographed!!
Patti you crack me up

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL thanks for the support. At least I'm not the only one dealing with this! D Dawn super idea-- I'll try toys next time!

·
Registered
236 Posts
When my mom was visiting for Christmas, we went on a hike - me, my mom, my brother, and Charlie. Halfway through the hike my mom stopped behind the rest of us and got out her big camera to take pictures of the scenery. Charlie stopped, looked behind at her, and started barking. My mom said "what is he barking at?" and joking, I said "he wants you to take a picture of him!" My mom laughed and said "oh, ok!" and pointed her camera at Charlie.

Right away, Charlie stopped barking, sat down, and tilted his head in a pose. We were dying laughing! So - my dog is a ham too, I guess!

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Charlie story is hysterical!! LOL!
Boy, I guess they kinda just learn the rutine with the cam, don't they?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Patti your descriptions are just hilarious!!! I'm sitting her at my desk giggling while people look over like "what the hecks wrong with her?" Thats too funny! Do you use a chuck-it with him? I had problems getting posed shots with my dogs, they'd always be running around, but I get the chuck-it in one hand, camera in the other, and bam, bums on the ground for a nice little shot. So maybe it will work in reverse for you? Toss the ball, and since the chuck-it can make it go pretty far, you'll have some time to get a few shots each time.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I love your posts Patti! But when you look like he does, you just gotta have that photo taken!!!!

I get closed eyes and head turns when I try to get pics!!

Lu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts