German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
If you are using photobucket you have to set the settings to be at or under whatever the Rule #2 is in the contest. Once you preset it, it should stay that way for all pictures.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are using photobucket you have to set the settings to be at or under whatever the Rule #2 is in the contest. Once you preset it, it should stay that way for all pictures.
So this picture is still too large? I don't understand what I'm doing wrong!! I have never had an issue posting a picture on this website using photobucket. Every single picture I have ever posted on this website is from photobucket. Every single picture I ever posted on the monthly photo contest is from photobucket using the same settings. I'm not doing anything different from any other time. My camera settings are always the same. This is really frustrating!

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
The picture is 900 X 600, so yes, still too large.

There are a few ways you can check the size of your picture posted, depending on the browser or OS you are using.

You can right-click on the picture and go to "Open in a new tab" and sometimes depending on the source of the pic, the size of the picture is part of the title of the new tab.

Or right click and go to "Properties" to get your picture size. If you don't have "Properties" as a selection, than go to "Inspect Element". You screen will split and you'll have some scary-looking code. scroll down to a small graphic that has nested boxes - the center box will show the size of the picture.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The picture is 900 X 600, so yes, still too large.

There are a few ways you can check the size of your picture posted, depending on the browser or OS you are using.

You can right-click on the picture and go to "Open in a new tab" and sometimes depending on the source of the pic, the size of the picture is part of the title of the new tab.

Or right click and go to "Properties" to get your picture size. If you don't have "Properties" as a selection, than go to "Inspect Element". You screen will split and you'll have some scary-looking code. scroll down to a small graphic that has nested boxes - the center box will show the size of the picture.
I'm looking at the center box right now and the dimensions are showing 640 x 426 on this picture in this test thread!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Really?? that is weird - it says 900 X 600 for me, and it looks like a larger pic.

(Right click - copy URL pic posts at 900 X 600)

email and IM code for photobucket page:

HTLM code
 photo IMG_1691-2_zpsrpgpeadx.jpg  photo IMG_1691-2_zpsrpgpeadx.jpg  photo IMG_1691-2_zpsrpgpeadx.jpg

Image code;

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
I went to your photobucket page and copied all the codes over. the HTLM not sure what it does, but the other codes all post at 900 X 600.

Try saving a copy to your computer, resizing to 800 X 600 and uploading to photobucket again. I'll check with the other mods see if they know why photobucket does this.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I'm looking at the center box right now and the dimensions are showing 640 x 426 on this picture in this test thread!!!
I was curious so I looked and mine said 640 x 426 as well when I checked the picture in the first post.

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Ah! I see, in your CP settings on the forum, go to "edit options", scroll down to "Thread Display Options", and in "Image Resize" click "Keep original Size" .

It resizes for you, but not for others who do not have this option selected.

You picture should display the original size.

Try it and see?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking at your screen shot - the resized image even lists the original size of 900 X 600 - so make sure that the original picture that you link is of the correct size.
So the new picture right above your last post still isn't right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts