German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like these people care for him are want him to go to a responsible home. I thought I'd get him up here as well since we all know Craigslist attracts some weirdos. He's beautiful though, I hope he finds a good home.

Awesome German Shepherd

Nice large male German Shepherd for sale. Born 4/20/2009 and weighs 81 pounds as of last month. Will mature close to 100lbs with gorgeous blocky head. EXCELLENT PEDIGREE. Loves to please his handler. Has his hips and elbows pre-limbed good. Have x-rays to show you. Absolutely bomb proof with ALL children. He loves to play with kids. He has been raised around other dogs from other German Shepherds to chihuahuas and is excellent with them. Doesn't have any dog aggression issues. Has started protection training and has basic obeidience work already done. Bonds very well with everyone in household, male, female, and children. Excellent home or personal protector. Has very nice natural protective instincts. Very serious when working but settles right down when home with the family. Would make a wonderful addition to any family. He is intact but NOT for breeding. Call anytime between 7am and 9pm if interested. 602-531-8144

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I was browsing CraigsList today and saw him. I wish I could take him or I would in a heartbeat! Gah. I'd take them all if I could, lol.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
they say he's intact but NOT for breeding.

however he has an excellent pedigree, temperment, work ethic and hips....so why is the poster so adement to NOT breed him? any thoughts?

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
I'm just wondering why the dog isn't being returned to the breeder....

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Think about it, how many dogs on here have an excellent pedigree, good hips, are intact, but aren't going to be used for breeding? It says in the ad 'when he matures' so maybe they want to wait until he's fully mature before he's neutered.

As for not being returned to the breeder, idk.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me being a Grammar Nazi...Ignore the typos in my original post. I think it's a good thing they've made it clear he's "not for breeding". It will deter many who will get the wrong idea and attempt to acquire him for the wrong reasons. I really think they're looking for a good home for him, they don't seem to want him ending up in someone's back yard solely to be bred...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hopefully they'll find someone and come to an agreement to get him neutered at a certain age or not to be bred.

·
Registered
2 Posts
they say he's intact but NOT for breeding.

however he has an excellent pedigree, temperment, work ethic and hips....so why is the poster so adement to NOT breed him? any thoughts?
Because some people "adopt" male dogs, keep them for a few days to breed with their females, then return them because of "behavior flaws". Maybe the guy wants him to go straight to a family who will care for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts