German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
: Natalie Smith <[email protected]>; Jill Sweeney <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, Jan 7, 2011 4:02 pm
Subject: URGENT: Senior GSD at ACCT needs rescue ASAP!

Hi GSD folks!We are full to capacity here at ACCT and desperately need to openkennels. This is an older girl, very underweight who needs to leaveASAP.Please let me know if you can help!BabeBabe (A12170284) is a beautiful female senior German Shepherd thatcame into the shelter because her owner died. Even though she is anolder girl, poor Babe gave birth to puppies earlier this year. It isclear she was not cared for very well- she is underweight, and hashair loss. She is also on antibiotics for some nasal discharge weobserved. Babe is friendly and social with people. She eats ravenouslybut has shown no food aggression. She is pretty good on the leash andis good with handling. Babe seems good with outher dogs but wasn't ahuge fan of pushy, yippy small dogs. Babe needs to leave ASAP!

-- Natalie SmithManager of Life SavingAnimal Care and Control Team (ACCT) Powered by the PSPCA111 W Hunting Park AvePhiladelphia, PA 19140

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Were those photos taken at her old home or the shelter? Either way, it looks grim....... poor Babe, she looks very sweet. Needs a nice retirement home :help:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

"
Hi everyone,

FYI, Babe was pulled by another rescue yesterday which I found out this afternoon. Hopefully she's safe and will find a good forever home through them.

Thanks to everyone who was checking on leads for her and who responded to my email!"

·
5,627 Posts
They don't tell which rescue takes the dog. Unfortunately there are a bunch that pull from here that aren't great and turn dogs around quick. Paws crossed for this girl.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
I know Jamie. That's what has me concerned. I hope she went to a decent one that finds her a good home.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ditto guys!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm hoping that the not so great ones won't bother with a senior.
Frustratingly enough, the "not so great ones" seem even more likely to pull the seniors and difficult dogs because the more careful and thorough GSD-only/GSD mostly groups are more careful and thorough and can't always respond as quickly. Two of SASRA's current dogs, including my foster, are from one of the "NSG" rescues who didn't take or return the calls from the adopter when it didn't work out. (I scoured the boards forever trying to find out if they were ever posted here.)

In talking with some of the area shelters it seems like they have caught on with some of the most problematic groups. On a more optimistic note, there are some great mixed breed, multiple breed groups so maybe that's where she went.

P.S. (Jamie - we were all so sad when it didn't work out for Babe on Sunday. Chuck has been so wonderful - all of you have - in coordinating things so both our groups can respond quickly.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts