German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought or used the Peticure? I can clip one dogs nails ok but the other one is a pain.We have to bribe her with a lollipop when we do hers. I am afraid to clip too far down on the pain in the but dog's nails. Athena's have been clipped good since we got her so I don't have to clip a lot if I do it every other week. I wonder if it is loud.
Thanks
Allie

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubb...true#Post818643
^check out a previous discussion^
I bought one on sale(Under $15) and came home, read the reviews thru google. I returned it unused. I do have a dremel, and thought~why waste the $ if the dremel works. In hindsight, I wish I had kept it and donated it to spca, the price was awesome!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I have one. I wish it worked better, but it is ok. Mandalay does not like anyone to touch her feet, so I have to make her feel bad in order for her to let me cut her nails or grind them.

I actually have to say something to her along the lines of not acting like a baby and change the tone of my voice to one I would use if she had been bad. Then she will get a guilty look and let me do it, but she lets me know she does not like it the whole time by whining quietly under her breath and sighing A LOT! She will also go stand by the treats cuz she knows she gets toe "good" treats afterwards.

It is not too loud, but there is a noise. You just have to be careful not to leave it ont he nail long cuz the friction makes it burn after a couple seconds, like any grinder would. Its worth it if you dont want to spend the $ on a dremel, which I didnt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts