German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the "Peticure" nail trimmer advertised on TV? I'm not one to buy any of the future garage sale fodder normally hawked on TV, but wondering if it might be worth the $30. Supposedly it trims without danger of hitting the quick.

Just curious....

http://www.peticure.com/

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
No but I've thought about it. $30 isn't expensive enough to where I'd be mad at myself if it sucked.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ that's what I was thinking too.

I'm always paranoid that I'm going to nick the quick (hey, that rhymes). I always have stiptic handy....

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I'm curious to know how you like it if you get one.

THe question I have is would I need to change the filing surface - it looks like a mini belt sander.

G

·
0 Posts
Originally Posted By: Everett54It looks like a dremel with a cover.
Yep and you can get a dremel for about $20 instead of the $30 they want for the Peticure.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
My sister loves it. She uses it on her bulldog.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm getting it! That looks awesome~!

Bella's nails grow fast and long....she's definately all girl. I won't even trim them myself right now, as I'm too scared of hurting her, but when I take her to get it done at the groomer's, they always do a poor job.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bumping this back up...

I have a dremel already...and I recently saw the ad for the Peticure product. A post here mentioned just getting a cover for the dremel. Anyone know where to get the covers that serves the same purpose as the Peticure product?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
If you're comfortable with the dremel, I don't think the cover is going to do much other that drain your wallet. The part is sold by peticure. But I read on another forum that it does not necessarily fit every dremel. Anyways, here is the link:

Peticure Safe Guard

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks for the quick link. I have the Multipro...so that cover won't work. I'm doing ok without it...I wondered what the benefit would be to have the cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts