German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether anyone was familiar with http://www.petguard.com and the products they make? Opinions?

We were at the local health food store the other day, and they carry a large variety of Pet Guard products, including canned cat food and the natural flea/tick repellent collars. The ingredients in the canned cat food looked pretty good, so we picked some of those up for our 16 year old - she likes canned stuff. (She likes it, by the way.) I'm thinking about getting the natural repellent collars. Any feedback on those?

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Petguard products are generally pretty good. I've been using their shampoo off and on for 20 years. Cleo (15 yo cat with digestive issues) ate their canned food for many years. The stuff with Coleman beef is especially good. I think they do have grains in them so now I would avoid them for cats. I have also fed their canned dog food to my dogs with good results.

The natural flea/tick collars are useless though. Don't waste your money on them. They might keep stuff off of your dog's neck but that would be about it. Same goes for conventional flea collars!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ruth, thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking of using the collars as an addition to her regular flea and tick prevention product, especially now that we're in an area where ticks seem to be EVERYwhere. Yikes. Any additional precautions I can take are worth it. The collars are only $4 at our health food store, so I may give it a try and see if it makes a difference. If not, at least I didn't waste a bunch of money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts