German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How ANYONE can support them after this is beyond me.

PETA ad compares Greyhound bus attack to slaughtering animals

Quote:An animal rights group has posted an ad on its website comparing the recent stabbing and decapitation of a young Winnipeg man to how humans kill animals for food.
As if the poor family doesn't have enough grief in their life they have to put up with the idiots at PETA and their "ad".

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
No words.. what cruel, heartless imbeciles. So, to join PETA, is it a requirement to forfeit critical thinking, common sense, and all other brain cells upon membership?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Lauri,

Last weekend, in our neck of the woods (the town of Santa Cruz), they organized two bombings -- both of the SCU researches experimenting with mice.

In case of one bomb, they set a two story house on fire. The family (a husband and wife with two small children) managed to escape from the second floor with the help of the fire ladder.

A miracle they had the ladder! A miracle they didn't fall off it! This case is treated as a homocide as they were at the house..

And how many animals they rescue by murdering them!!

It's an evil and criminal organization!

But you call on the name of children and animals and anything goes!!

Tanya

G

·
Finally? The whack jobs killed hundreds of dogs they horded, injected rat poison into swedish meat, let thousands of mink loose that killed people's cats and small dogs, and the list goes on and on.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
One thing I've wondered is why, if our president is so gung-ho on getting the terrorists, is our president NOT throwing some of his anti-terror muscle on our HOMEGROWN terrorist groups like PETA, ELF, and ALF? Why are we schlepping halfway around the world when we have bushels of them right here in Everyhometown, USA?! Come on, Bushie, come and get 'em! Easy pickings! Go jail them up in a pig slaughterhouse, they'll love that.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I read this earlier today. PETA is disgusting. They are supposed to be about ethical treatment of animals. What about ethical treatment of human beings? Did they for once think about the disrespect to this young man and his family?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally Posted By: DianaMOne thing I've wondered is why, if our president is so gung-ho on getting the terrorists, is our president NOT throwing some of his anti-terror muscle on our HOMEGROWN terrorist groups like PETA, ELF, and ALF? Why are we schlepping halfway around the world when we have bushels of them right here in Everyhometown, USA?! Come on, Bushie, come and get 'em! Easy pickings! Go jail them up in a pig slaughterhouse, they'll love that.
I'd love it if it really WAS a matter of it being simple and easy pickings. However, the fact of the matter is that dealing with organizations like Elf and Alf, in particular, is made extremely difficult by the fact that they are VERY loosely organized and don't tend to keep records of who their members are. Believe me, being in Seattle, we hear plenty about these whack-jobs 'saving' the world by blowing up people's suvs and setting their houses on fire, but what they appear to conveniently forget is that these little acts of 'liberation' release a plethora of toxic chemicals into the environment, causing it more damage than a year of simply driving said SUV would.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I don't know about "finally" ... I think PeTA has gone off the deep end a very long time ago. Let's not forget they had an ad campaign called "The New Holocaust" that presented slaughtered animals on billboards showing pictures of concentration camps. I think that's quite a step above then their new ad...

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
PETA disgusts me!!!

You know I agree with PETA's basic premise of treating animals humanely but they have gone off the deep end, they are terrorists plain and simple.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
PETA's always been off the deep end since its inception.

Don't forget Ingrid Newkirk's quote from WASHINGTONIAN MAGAZINE August 1986 "THERE'S NO RATIONAL BASIS FOR SAYING THAT A HUMAN BEING HAS SPECIAL RIGHTS. A RAT IS A PIG IS A DOG IS A BOY. THEY'RE ALL ANIMALS".

From THE HARPER'S FORUM BOOK, 1989, "... FOR ONE THING, WE WOULD NO LONGER ALLOW BREEDING. PEOPLE COULD NOT CREATE DIFFERENT BREEDS. THERE WOULD BE NO PET SHOPS. IF PEOPLE HAD COMPANION ANIMALS IN THEIR HOMES, THOSE ANIMALS WOULD HAVE TO BE REFUGEES FROM THE ANIMAL SHELTERS AND THE STREETS. ..."

The NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, December 1997, "I WILL BE THE LAST PERSON TO CONDEM ALF ..."

http://www.activistcash.com/biography_quotes.cfm/bid/456

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Of course we're all animals- we poop and mate and eat and breathe just like beetles and bovines and blue whales, but that doesn't matter. Last time I checked, animals are always killing each other over food and disputes, we just happen to be a little too good at it. But we also can care for animals and do so very well, but PETA can't wrap its single shared brain cell around such a concept, so they'd rather just blow things up and corrupt young minds.

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
I will never understand PETA, and agree with you. My GSD and I have attended a few protests related to the killing of dogs for medical purposes, including one at the Milwaukee Medical College.

But PETA has never attended, nor supported anything that is really important to animals.

For all the dog shows I attend, adopting rescues, going to a few protests, albeit not my nature, I have never seen PETA represented.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Originally Posted By: DianaMOne thing I've wondered is why, if our president is so gung-ho on getting the terrorists, is our president NOT throwing some of his anti-terror muscle on our HOMEGROWN terrorist groups like PETA, ELF, and ALF? Why are we schlepping halfway around the world when we have bushels of them right here in Everyhometown, USA?! Come on, Bushie, come and get 'em! Easy pickings! Go jail them up in a pig slaughterhouse, they'll love that.

They ARE using homeland security funds for domestic terrorist groups like ELF and ALF:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/51251

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7908466/

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0519/dailyUpdate.html

http://www.newsweek.com/id/119773/page/3

Of course, FBI has also been wasting tons of money building and rebuilding its computer system, so there's perhaps not as much funding as there could be. But ATF in particular seems to be working these cases hard: animal rights and environmental extremists (who make the mainstream animal welfare and environmental groups look bad.) ARE being pursued.

They regularly burn new housing developments here, or set fire to heavy equipment for construction. That does nothing but put contaminants in the air, pollutants in our creeks, streams and groundwater (especially housing developments located near buffer zones). The end result, of course, is that each burn requires at least twice as many resources, thereby causing further environmental degradation elsewhere as well. As a hardcore tree hugger, I'd love to smack these people upside the head with a 2x4 *just* for being stupid. Then the cops can have them. But their stupidity and the way their actions conflict with what are supposed to be their zealous beliefs alone astounds me.

But as shikari notes, this is a very loose group of individuals, and often free-lancers. Kind of like the "new al-queda." And just as hard to catch.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The criteria for being a Peta member isn't that you love animals, but rather that you HATE people.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think I about made a PETAperson pass out the other day. For some reason or another, the sausage plant I work for allows PETA to come in and snoop around. Well, one said person was wondering around, looking lost, so I decided to lend a hand. She was about to walk over to the kill floor as I stopped her.

me: Ma'am, you dont need to be in there right now.

peta: oh? why not?

me: Well, the shocker thing we use to kill the pigs burned out, so we gotta use sledge hammers, very messy.

peta:SLEDGE HAMMERS?!

me:Yeah, blood flys everywhere. Also, I think someones trying to get one up the kill chute too. You know how many times you gotta stab a pig in the butt to get it move? Takes forever.

And she just stood there listening with her jaw on the floor, lol. After I finished, she started running for the kill room, in which the floors are VERY slippery. I tryed to tell her though.... after she fell on her backside, lol.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Originally Posted By: HistorianI don't know about "finally" ... I think PeTA has gone off the deep end a very long time ago. Let's not forget they had an ad campaign called "The New Holocaust" that presented slaughtered animals on billboards showing pictures of concentration camps. I think that's quite a step above then their new ad...
I agree. They compared the OKC bombing to slaughterhouses; there is no level they won't stoop to. They steal dogs; they kill animals and that's ok.
Removing that tax free exemption would get attention but the government won't do it - not for them not for H$U$.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I seriously dislike peta. Not only do they kill 70% + of the dogs they take in at their norfolk shelter, but they are also ridiculously and ill-logicaly anti-pitbull. I have read they they kill any suspected pit mixes because some granola eating dreadlocked pocket composter decreed them all to be dangerous and unadoptable. No temp tests, no observation..if its a pit looking dog then stick it with the needle. I find it absurd that a group claiming to be pro-homeless dog has no problem summarily executing them with out giving them a chance.

When I was still in school peta idiots put up a display on campus with pictures of circus animals and pictures of african american slaves. their stupid little kiosk claimed that circus animal had it worse than slave did...nonw whatever anyones opinions on circus are (I personally find them deplorable) there is really no comparison. PETA was foolish enough to put up this display in Richmond, VA were slavery and racial issues are still a bit sensitive. Then these PETA fools were acting all suprised when a whole bunch of people showed up and told them to get the **** out.

From what I saw they were pretty close to having some of the gangbangers coming through and making them leave. I almost would have liked to see that happen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
PETA has done a lot of crazy things for sure and I would not be a member myself but they do promote some things that I agree with they shouldn't be burning people in their homes or making bombs though. It makes them look really stupid and evil I wish more people could promote animal welfare in a sane way that would reach more people.

·
Registered
409 Posts
PeTA is NOT about animal welfare. They do not want better treatment of food animals - they want no food animals. They steal dogs and kill 90-97% of the animals in the last two years they've taken in. People are for animal welfare - having animal rights shoved down their throats is something else. Being told it's cruel to enslave dogs to be human pets is also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts