German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting pet insurance for my GSD puppy. The vet has given him a clean bill of health and said his hips are straight and muscles look good.

I got a quote from Trupanion (includes genetic/hereditary/hips, etc. They pay 90% after a $500 deductible), they want $45 a month!

Is this the norm? Any other companies I should check out?

·
Registered
194 Posts
i think the conclusion that ive seen drawn on this board is that petplan is best. I went with them but havnt used it yet. its like 35 a month for me for 200 deductible with 90% coverage over that. includes hereditary issues

·
Registered
951 Posts
From the research done by most of us, petplan and triumph are the best pet insurances. The only reason I didnt go with triumph is because they have a neuter spayed clause that requires all dogs after 12 months to be spayed/neutered or they wont cover. I dont know if Lulu is going to be a good breeding bitch but I wanted the option.

I pay $52.08 a month 100% refundable with 100$ deductible per incident.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use Healthy Paws & wish I had gotten it when mine was younger. I pay $39.65 for 90% coverage of accidents, injuries, illnesses. It also covers any inherited hip etc problems after you have had the insurance a year. Just get it before you have any pre existing conditions.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I have PetPlan and have to file regular claims unfortunately :( My premium started out around $35 a month when Nikki was 8 weeks old, she is 3.5 years old now and I pay $50 per month.

I have the Gold Plan with $200 deductible and 100% reimbursement.

If you search "health insurance" you will come up with several threads on the subject that may help you make a decision :)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts