German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your GSD's a little longer then they are tall. Does not matter - sometimes - they just stand in what looks like a "show dog" stance - with front legs straight and back legs - one with the hock straight up and down and the other tucked and ready to propel the dog forward.

IMO, it's a very cool stance and every time my dog does it is when she's thinking, confident and ready....

Regardless of the size, shape or X-breed of your GSD's - let's see those proud "show dog stands" that they do! They're proud, happy to be what they are and we are too!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I always miss getting the picture by a split second. Apollo does it the most often. I had a couple but I can't find them now:(

A kinda stack by all three

Apollo

·
Super Moderator
5,389 Posts
While Sage was an actual show dog and knew how to stack, she naturally stood in a stack as a puppy, and continued to do so all her life. She was as fast as the wind!

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great. The 2nd photo is the best. There was a post here by a newbie GSD owner a few months ago asking why the stance is required in the "ring" as his dog never does it. It happened the same day my girl just parked herself in the "stance" as we were heading back in the house. Carmen explained that they do it naturally and it is comfortable for them.

I just think it's fun when our "pet quality" GSD's "strike the pose" like the big money winning show dogs.:D I always say to my girl "look at your awesome bad as self, you are the best":D

·
Super Moderator
5,874 Posts
I'm always too late to catch the 'stack' too:(Sage's pic is the best so far!

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
The GSD should be longer than they are tall...they are not a square structured dog.
I took Gambit out for a break during training a couple weeks ago and caught him in a stretch. Talk about long.........

This one looks better:

Karlo in a natural stack:

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
All great looking dogs:) This is Max 9 months and 10 months. The second picture hard to see but i always liked this photo just wished it was clearer. I get excited every time he gets in a natural show stance and like a putz i will say show stands when he does. Its usually to late by the time i get a camera.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
The GSD should be longer than they are tall...they are not a square structured dog.
I took Gambit out for a break during training a couple weeks ago and caught him in a stretch. Talk about long.........

This one looks better:

Karlo in a natural stack:
So cute karlo looks as if he has lots on his mind!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts