German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my puppy is 6 months old. She hasnt had an accident inside in over 3 months. She has held her bladder for 8 hours before and has held it for 4 hours atleast 15 times. Today I put down a new rug my parents gave me that they had in storage. it had originally been used at my parents house when they had 2 dogs, they have both been dead since 2007. When I put the rug down Ava sniffed it alot as expected and was enjoying laying on it. About 20 minutes ago she woke from a nap looked at me and instantly squatted and peed a large amount after relieving herself outside a little over an hour ago. Side note she was spayed a 8 days ago. Why did she do this? Dog smell? help plz :)

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i'm thinking she really had to go and she couldn't hold it. when you
had her out an hour before she probably didn't empty her bladder.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Accidents will happen every now and then. Keep enzyme-based carpet cleaner around for it. Sometimes a dog forgets where making potty is allowed!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know the answer to this post! Previously, the dogs your parents had MUST have had an accident on the rug. When she smelled the odor, it immediately told her this was an 'okay' place to go. Have the rug cleaned and your problems will dissappear!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts