German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone! I just recently bought some new chewing toys for my 3 1/2 months old GSD pup.I gave her some antler.She loves it,but tend to pee in her crate whenever she plays(chew) with her antler.Btw,she's crate train and only made one boo boo since we brought her home at 8 weeks old.
Is this a normal?

Thank you in advanced,
Richard

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have further notice that she gets REALLY excited when chewing her toys.
Can the extra excitement the cause of her peeing? Hope this can't be habit forming.

·
Registered
125 Posts
When our guy was 4 months old and we all went down stairs and he wante to follow he was scared of the stairs. He would yelp a bunch and pee sometimes.

When training my guy to get into the truck to go for a drive, he would pee. Nervous.

In all situations where he would pee where he shouldn't. If we see him do it, we say "NO, OUTSIDE", and send him outside. We then clean up the pee and spray it with stuff like OXY Clean spray, or Fantastic. This way the scent doesn't remain.

Sometimes we would clean within sight of him.

He learned. Now he lets us know when he has to pee by making a kind of worried whistle noise, hard to explain, and is happy to get into the truck because he knows there is a good chance we are going to the dog park to see his friends.

You can't really correct peeing after the fact, only when it happened. The dog wont associate punishment if you wait too long after its happend.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've not had any experience of this, sorry, but maybe just an idea to check your little guy doesn't have a little UTI going on?!

Other than that maybe just take him out to potty before allowing him play/chew time.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yes,her vet ruled out UTI. Excitement during this age is more likely causing her to pee.She gets really excited with her chew toys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts